“Innovative Without Being Pretenious, Homely Without Being Predictable”
Review of Home - CLOSED

Home
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Everything was delicious, It was reasonably priced. It sits in an area of the village with lots of great places to eat but this stood out for me. The truffle Risotto was spectacular. Another traveller told me it was the best dish she had been given in a two hour sampling tour of the finest food spots in the Village.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Home is a quiet spot in the west village which has been around for over 20 years. It is a local restaurant that is continually re-inventing their menus..inventions that continue to be better and better. Suffice it to say, I have never had a bad meal here and eaten there at least 10, if not more times. For New York, where good food is plentiful, to eat at one place so many times speaks volumes to its status. The food/service and ambiance are hard to beat...Ill be going back again shortly. Dishes I recommend, the Farmer's Egg, Macaroni and Cheese (can add bacon or andouille) Steak Tartare, Duck Pastrami, Scallops and the Butterscotch or Chocolate pudding (this I will say is the bestt I have ever had, hands down). Should go.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Enjoyed sitting in the back patio, surrounded by plants in peace and quiet. It was a great find after walking the busy streets. The food and tea was locally made and so fresh. Absolutely loved it.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

I've been to this place many many times, though not often enough recently. When we were thinking of places close to our movie theater, it came to mind and I am so glad it did. Seasonal dishes like roast squash for an appetizer or pasta with lamb meatballs as a main course were interesting and delicious. We three tasted 6 dishes in total and all were really really good. We agreed that we should return here regularly, for the friendly and attentive service, the locally and responsibly sourced ingredients, and the creative plates from the chef.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

One of the best meals I've ever had!

As a first course we shared a ham and cheese macaroni: superb! Macaroni is not my kind of "first course", but it was very light.
Main: I had scallops with pumpkin rice: PERFECT!!!!

We sat outside, while it was november. Because of the heaters it wasn't cold at all!

Congratulations to the owners and staff