“Excellent meal at cozy place”
Review of Home - CLOSED

Home
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 21 May 2016

The food is creative and tasty. The service is discrete and friendly. The place is cozy and elegant without being pretentious. We really felt at home. Excellent experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

"Home" is a very sweet little restaurant near West 4th street in Manhattan. It's in a neighbourhood that's full of good eateries, so restaurants have to be good to stand out in the crowd. This one succeeds by keeping it's menu short and simple, drawing on the best seasonal produce. It's the perfect place for a date or for a catching up with a friend. I chose the mushroom risotto, which combined wild mushrooms and truffles and was absolutely exquisite. I wasn't keen on the wine list, however. This restaurant tries to source everything locally, which works well for food but not as well for wine (unless your palate is accustomed to NY wines, unlike mine).

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I discovered Home on a food tour the first time I was in NYC. This trip I snagged a reservation (girls trip) and it was just as amazing as I remember. Of course, you have to order the Mac & Cheese. Enough said. However, we didn't stop there. Started with pear and blue cheese salad, fried green tomatoes, and onion rings. Then we had the scallops and half chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots. The food is amazing. We ate our way thru NYC this trip and this was our favorite by far! The mashed potatoes should just be yummy but I'm still dreaming of them. And I live in the south with really good potatoes! I will skip the fried green tomatoes and onion rings next time and try other things. Leave room for desert because the chocolate pudding is amazing!!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Everything was delicious, It was reasonably priced. It sits in an area of the village with lots of great places to eat but this stood out for me. The truffle Risotto was spectacular. Another traveller told me it was the best dish she had been given in a two hour sampling tour of the finest food spots in the Village.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Home is a quiet spot in the west village which has been around for over 20 years. It is a local restaurant that is continually re-inventing their menus..inventions that continue to be better and better. Suffice it to say, I have never had a bad meal here and eaten there at least 10, if not more times. For New York, where good food is plentiful, to eat at one place so many times speaks volumes to its status. The food/service and ambiance are hard to beat...Ill be going back again shortly. Dishes I recommend, the Farmer's Egg, Macaroni and Cheese (can add bacon or andouille) Steak Tartare, Duck Pastrami, Scallops and the Butterscotch or Chocolate pudding (this I will say is the bestt I have ever had, hands down). Should go.