“Lovely little place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We visited Home as part of our Original Greenwich Village food tour and got to sit in their garden and sample risotto with quail egg and fried mushrooms. Really delicious food and really nice ambience to this place. We really liked the ethos of this restaurant which is farm to table.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

The food is creative and tasty. The service is discrete and friendly. The place is cozy and elegant without being pretentious. We really felt at home. Excellent experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

"Home" is a very sweet little restaurant near West 4th street in Manhattan. It's in a neighbourhood that's full of good eateries, so restaurants have to be good to stand out in the crowd. This one succeeds by keeping it's menu short and simple, drawing on the best seasonal produce. It's the perfect place for a date or for a catching up with a friend. I chose the mushroom risotto, which combined wild mushrooms and truffles and was absolutely exquisite. I wasn't keen on the wine list, however. This restaurant tries to source everything locally, which works well for food but not as well for wine (unless your palate is accustomed to NY wines, unlike mine).

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I discovered Home on a food tour the first time I was in NYC. This trip I snagged a reservation (girls trip) and it was just as amazing as I remember. Of course, you have to order the Mac & Cheese. Enough said. However, we didn't stop there. Started with pear and blue cheese salad, fried green tomatoes, and onion rings. Then we had the scallops and half chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots. The food is amazing. We ate our way thru NYC this trip and this was our favorite by far! The mashed potatoes should just be yummy but I'm still dreaming of them. And I live in the south with really good potatoes! I will skip the fried green tomatoes and onion rings next time and try other things. Leave room for desert because the chocolate pudding is amazing!!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Everything was delicious, It was reasonably priced. It sits in an area of the village with lots of great places to eat but this stood out for me. The truffle Risotto was spectacular. Another traveller told me it was the best dish she had been given in a two hour sampling tour of the finest food spots in the Village.