“Solid YUM”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I have been going to this restaurant for many years. Almost 2 decades! I'm a creature of habit and stick to my true favorites. I like the traditional Japanese decor and that you have to take your shoes off. A piece of Japan in New York City!

I always get the Japanese BBQ. They do have Korean food but with Japanese staff, I stick with Japanese food. The rib eye is always spot on with great flavor. You get 3 sauces with BBQ and all 3 are so good. My favorite green tea ice cream is served here. Prices are fair and reasonable, worth every penny!

In terms of service, they've always been professional, no nonsense and to the point.

1  Thank Dana Z

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We traveled to New York for my husband's birthday and wanted to take him to a special restaurant. After several days searching I decided to take it to this. The service was excellent and the food delicious I would definitely recommend it and would visit again when I back to New York

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

It's Korean BBQ but it's definitely a Japanese place. Bottom line is that the food is fresh and good! You have to take your shoes off and leave them on a shelf (individual cubbies). No chairs but there is a hole under the table so you don't have to sit crossed legged. Oishii!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

The shoes stay at the entrance. You will get a table at ground level. however, you can sit if you wish. You are sitting around an electric grill. Many choices with daily specials that are on discount. Sushi, meat, veggies... A fun way to enjoy your self composed asian buffet.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Just a Friday dinner experience to share. This is the first time I hand out a one star review here, because I really have to.
We were at Yakiniku West for dinner, six of us, regular Friday night out after work. The waiter accidentally splashed water on me, which was totally fine. People make mistakes, you just need to apologize, we smile and everything would be just fine. It doesn't has to be a drama. Instead, the waiter didn't say anything during our entire dinner. I refused to tip at the end, as a proper response to unreasonable arrogance and ignorance. The manager came down, and being protective to that waiter. The waiter still refuse to give a small apology, which is simple and necessary. The manager literally said "if you guys don't tip, you don't come back here again", even by knowing what really happened.
Friday night spoiled, just an experience to share;
Yes, we won't be back