“Food quite good, service ok”

Patsy's Pizza--74th Street
Ranked #1,125 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Dropped in for a late dinner on Saturday and went away fairly satisfied.

Pepperoni pizza fair enough, but a bit too greasy for my liking. Rigatoni Bolognese very good. Couple of draught Stella's.

Our waitress was good - friendly and helpful - but friends who go there regularly say that others can be pretty hostile.

Probably not great value, but a decent meal

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Our pizza, chicken marsala were good. Calamari was OK.
Here was my huge problem. It took forever for someone to even come and say hello we will be right there. When the waitress did come she rushed us and she happy at all.
BUT the worst was first, my aunt does not like sauce with her calamari so she asked if she could have some kind of dressing with it. She said really any dressing, ranch, Caesar, mayo, anything. The waitress said well we dont do that, it will be an extra $3.00. We said for a little bowl of dressing for the calamari? Shocking. Then I got the chicken marsala and I had said can you please put the linguine on the side. I dont like pasta in Marsala sauce. Can you just put tomato sauce on it instead on the side. Again she said no we dont do that. It will be an extra $3.00. I said are you kidding? You make pizza, you can just put a little sauce on the linguine?

As I am in shock talking to her the manager walks over. I ask him the same thing and he also tells me no we dont do that. He will charge us an extra $3 for the spoonful of sauce. I told him that I would never eat there again because the service was so horrible.

I can understand if I was asking to completely change our meal but asking for pasta on the side with sauce??? Any Italian restaurant I go to will do that for you. And a side of dressing for calamari?? We spent $100 there you would think they could help you out. Disappointing.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This place has so much potential with its location and menu selection. Too bad service is so poor--this makes the value for the money appear so much lower, enough to drive us away from coming back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I love Patsys pizza! It's delicious. I like this location with lots of seating. Service is just OK. Take out folks are kind of grumpy sometimes. My biggest problem is how expensive it is. $25 for a small pizza is a lot, but it is New York after all. Anyway I'd recommend this place.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped by Patsy's with a friend for a late dinner on Saturday night. Plenty of seats were available, restaurant was comfortably air conditioned despite the summer heat. We got a white pizza with sausage and mushrooms, and it was great. The 17 inch was more than enough for two hungry people, and we ended up taking home leftovers. They have a few draft beers, but a much bigger selection of wines than beers. Overall a delicious pizza dinner with good service.