“Great Business Lunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 47th and 48th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6 & 7 trains to 42nd Street-Grand Central Station.
Reviewed 24 April 2015

Table of 6 for a business lunch today. We had a great experience! Beginning with a wonderful greeting at the door and ending with a heartfelt thank you for going! Appetizers of asparagus, sautéed calamari, mushroom puree soup (2), tomatoes & Mozzarella, and mussels were very good. Entrees of Cheese ravioli, scottish salmon (2), lamb osso bucco, chicken marsala, and a special of sautéed sea bass were all excellent. One minor issue of a late arriving entrée was rectified by the Maitre d' who was on right on top of all the diners to make sure all was right in the world. Desserts of tiramisu, and chocolate mousse, were also excellent (I was told!). Definitely will return to try out many of the interesting menu items I saw. Unfortunately it was a working business lunch so I have no offerings on the wine but the list looked inviting. Another reason to return!

Nino S, Owner at Nino's Positano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Dear Richard D,
Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant.
I am pleased that you enjoyed dining with us.
I look forward to seeing you again. Please recommend us to your family and friends.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

amazing truffle oil chicken this amazing server Christian. You should ask for him Beautiful decor Great espresso

Nino S, Owner at Nino's Positano, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Dear Vinnie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed dining with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Dined here on a Sunday night with the family. First time, and it left an excellent impression. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Salads were fresh and the pasta was outstanding. Will be back

Nino S, Owner at Nino's Positano, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2015

Dear Ahg2,

Reviewed 11 March 2015

I have been visiting this restaurant for lunches and dinners time to time (once in every two months, I guess) may be for the last 13 months and have never been disappointed with the quality of food. Today at lunchtime, Penne alla vodka was almost excellent, may be there was more vodka than the required amount but that was no problem at all for me.

This was the first time that I tried prix- fixe at this restaurant and all of the courses were very good from start to finish. Even the coffee was of a high quality brand.

Service was very efficient too !

All in all, I was so happy with my choice of restaurant today at lunchtime !

13  Thank AladdinsGenie

Dear AladdinsGenie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy dining with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2015

Simply delicious Italian dining! Thanks to Mother Nature the finest Italian restaurant came to the rescue while I was stuck in the snow last night. I had the delicious home made meatballs as an appetizer and Dover sole made table side as my entree. Both were delicious and perfectly presented. My waiter was Avelino who was so accommodating and helpful with a great sense of humor! The restaurant is divided into two sides with one side being a little more casual and the other more romantic and cozy. This makes it great for groups or date nights with a very accommodating staff. Love to love this place!

Nino S, Owner at Nino's Positano, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

Dear Bessa S,

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed dining with us.