“Deserves Its Rating”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 47th and 48th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6 & 7 trains to 42nd Street-Grand Central Station.
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I'd visited the UN and was told by the cops that 2nd Avenue was the place to go for food. I checked out several but I liked the look of this place and my instincts weren't wrong.

It has the look and feel of a classic Italian restaurant with a sharp suited gent (Nino himself?) supervising operations.

More importantly, the food - meatballs, gnocchi with cheese sauce and tiramisu, was excellent. Washed down with a glass of Montepulciano red wine and a cappucino to finish, the bill came to $56.62 and represented good value. The service (by Christian) was also efficient.

Well worth a visit, if you're in that part of NYC.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Apparently, certain New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox have been known to frequent this establishment. The food was terrific. Veal, to chicken to pasta, this place was amazing.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

The service here was horrible - worse so because there weren't many people in the restaurant, so it's not like there were overly busy. After sitting at my table for about 5 minutes, I was asked if I wanted a drink. I had to ask for a menu to look at, and then ask for a wine menu. Another 5 minutes before I was even offered water.

The waiter, when he finally showed, was cold and inattentive.

The food was pretty good, but not worth suffering through bad service. There are so many better places in NYC.

Thank Susan M. B
Reviewed 24 April 2015

Table of 6 for a business lunch today. We had a great experience! Beginning with a wonderful greeting at the door and ending with a heartfelt thank you for going! Appetizers of asparagus, sautéed calamari, mushroom puree soup (2), tomatoes & Mozzarella, and mussels were very good. Entrees of Cheese ravioli, scottish salmon (2), lamb osso bucco, chicken marsala, and a special of sautéed sea bass were all excellent. One minor issue of a late arriving entrée was rectified by the Maitre d' who was on right on top of all the diners to make sure all was right in the world. Desserts of tiramisu, and chocolate mousse, were also excellent (I was told!). Definitely will return to try out many of the interesting menu items I saw. Unfortunately it was a working business lunch so I have no offerings on the wine but the list looked inviting. Another reason to return!

Nino S, Owner at Nino's Positano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Dear Richard D,
Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant.
I am pleased that you enjoyed dining with us.
I look forward to seeing you again. Please recommend us to your family and friends.
Warm Regards,
Nino

Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

amazing truffle oil chicken this amazing server Christian. You should ask for him Beautiful decor Great espresso

Nino S, Owner at Nino's Positano, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Dear Vinnie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed dining with us.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,