“Amazing food!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 47th and 48th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6 & 7 trains to 42nd Street-Grand Central Station.
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Went here on a whim one night since it was close to the bridge and had outdoor seating. The service at first was slow and it took a while for someone to greet us and ask for our drink order and it was not even that busy but maybe they were short staffed. The food made up for it though as everything tasted amazing! The service improved as the night went on which I was happy about. All of the staff were very kind. We shared a delicious pizza and I had filet of branzino which tasted brilliant as well! I can't wait to come here again and experience the delicious food.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

We were strangers to 2nd Avenue and wandered in. We were so delighted we came back the next day, and would have done it again but we had to go back to Seattle. The decor is cozy, the menu and bar varied, and the food absolutely top notch, the staff friendly and attentive and the prices attractive. It really is two restaurants in one, an Italian multi-course dining place and a very varied choice pizzeria. To top it all off, there are two indoor dining rooms and two outdoor, awning settings. When we go back to NewYork we'll go out of our way just to visit it again.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I'd visited the UN and was told by the cops that 2nd Avenue was the place to go for food. I checked out several but I liked the look of this place and my instincts weren't wrong.

It has the look and feel of a classic Italian restaurant with a sharp suited gent (Nino himself?) supervising operations.

More importantly, the food - meatballs, gnocchi with cheese sauce and tiramisu, was excellent. Washed down with a glass of Montepulciano red wine and a cappucino to finish, the bill came to $56.62 and represented good value. The service (by Christian) was also efficient.

Well worth a visit, if you're in that part of NYC.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Apparently, certain New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox have been known to frequent this establishment. The food was terrific. Veal, to chicken to pasta, this place was amazing.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

The service here was horrible - worse so because there weren't many people in the restaurant, so it's not like there were overly busy. After sitting at my table for about 5 minutes, I was asked if I wanted a drink. I had to ask for a menu to look at, and then ask for a wine menu. Another 5 minutes before I was even offered water.

The waiter, when he finally showed, was cold and inattentive.

The food was pretty good, but not worth suffering through bad service. There are so many better places in NYC.

Thank Susan M. B