“Unique jazz resource”

Knickerbocker Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Knickerbocker Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #589 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: The 6 train at Astor place, or the R & N to 8th street are just a block away. Other stations like Union Square & West 4th street are just a short walk away and have most train lines.
Description: We are a Classic American Steakhouse in the heart Greenwich Village. Wood panel walls, and comfy booths, give the feel of an earlier era. In business for over 40 years, serving Great American Fare and our Famous 28 oz T Bone Steaks. We feature Live Jazz on Friday and Saturday Evenings starting at 9:00 till 1:00. Harry Connick Jr. got his start at the Knick. We have our share of local celebrities from Chris Noth, Alec Baldwin, F. Murray Abraham, Josh Charles, Jessica Lange, just to name a few. Good Food & Good Jazz is what we are. Most items are all made on premise, from house made desserts, ice creams and sorbets, to our house made pastas and house smoked salmon, and our popular Caviar Pie. We pour a good drink at reasonable prices, as are our portions of food. Our T Bone Steaks include creamed spinach and mashed potatoes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of a kind venue, with an acoustic piano -and a small stage devoted to musicians! Not to mention fine food and a reasonable wine list. Saw my friend, vibraphonist (and pianist) Warren Chiasson there recently -and the crowd paid him the compliment of really listening. I had a half bottle of Rioja, and really enjoyed myself. Junior Mance, Ronny Whyte, excellent talent plays here. Check it out.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The crowd says it all! I had the good fortune of eating in this place! Martini's, lots of bread and butter, fettuccine Bolognese, all wonderfully prepared! The service, by Hazel, who makes your experience wonderful, adds the neighborhood touch by having a bar full of regulars, who all seem to enjoy each others company, and yours!!!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Good service, good food and a comfortable place in the neighborhood. The burgers are always good and there's no better place for onion rings.

Ron D, Owner at Knickerbocker Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you. Appreciate you taking the time to write. Our burgers are fresh ground daily, in house, from our tid bits of Filet Mignon, T Bone steaks. Onion Rings are great on anything:)

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We had dinner in this quality local steak house. Steaks delicious, a great wine list, and good, old fashioned service.

The biss was quite stiff, but I guess this is Manhattan

Not sure if "Biss" is referencing Business or Buzz. I admit we may not be the most happening crowd, a lot of locals ranging from Families with kids to older folks, coming here for 40 years. It a real cross section of the neighborhood. We do not have a Student Crowd at all, so if a young vibe is what you seek, this may not be the place.
I am glad that you enjoyed all that we have to offer, and we will try to do all we can to make your next visit exceptional.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful meal here tonight with a friend. We split a dozen oysters from the west costs with corn bread and Manhattans. I had very juicy St. Louis ribs and my buddy had southern fried chicken that rivaled I chicken I had on the blues highway in Mississippi. The service is great and atmosphere homey.