“No Negatives! Only Positives ! Hidden Treasure!!”

Mamasita Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamasita Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,779 of 15,761 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Visited on a Friday night about 6.
It's a small place but cozy and friendly
We were greeted at the door by the owner and escorted to our table.

We received complimentary chips and salsa X 2 almost immediately and asked for our drink order
Happy hour is until 8 so I received a little price break on the margarita.
Margarita was excellent . I hate when I order a margarita and all I taste is mixer. I definitely tasted the tequila in this one but not overpowering.
I really wanted a 2nd one but we were going to a show
We were up at 5:30 to go to Good Morning America and I didn't want to fall asleep at the show.

Two of us ordered the chimichanga with crabmeat, shrimp, scallops, and swordfish
One ordered the chimichanga with just crabmeat.
Another a chicken chimichanga
All came with a small salad, rice, beans , guacamole and sour cream.
I have nothing bad to say. Our order came fast.
Everything was correct and hot.
The food was excellent. Large amounts of seafood and chicken in the chimichanga
Very tasty
The service was friendly
The owner came over to chat with us and offered us a free dessert.
What a nice gesture.

I have nothing bad to say and would definitely eat here again
This place is a hidden treasure not to be missed

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Its most expensive and disgusting tacos al carbon that i tried. $23.00 for just peppers and onion. Rice was not fresh and steak really greasy.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

When I spend $150 on two people in a restaurant I hope to get more than an average burrito, a tiny quesadilla, and a few margaritas in a diner quality atmosphere. Nothing was bad but it certainly wasn't exceptional. Even in this neighborhood where prices are becoming out of control, the meals was worth less than half of what we paid.

1  Thank KristopherK92
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I've lived in NYC for 20 years and for some reason this is the first time that I have visited this restaurant. Big Mistake. The food was absolutely delicious. The ingredients were all fresh. The salsa for the chips was great and the jalapeno poppers didn't come out of a bag. I had the Pork Chile Verde. It is a great choice for any meal and an added bonus is that my dinner mate was a vegetarian and there were a lot of choices for him too.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

A group of us visited here and were very well taken care of! The service was excellent and the food and drinks were fresh and very tasty! The shrimp cocktail was loaded with shrimp in a spicy salsa type sauce topped with fresh avocado slices.. yummy! The amount and quality of food was well worth the price!