“Fun in the city ”
Review of Cucina di Pesce

Cucina di Pesce
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina di Pesce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,264 of 14,211 Restaurants in New York City
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East Village
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We met friends for dinner in the city and my friend booked reservations at Cucina di Pesce in the East Village. Overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience. We sat in the back room that is spacious with a huge sky light atrium. It's a lovely room. There were a few large parties there that made that room extremely loud, and compromised my ability to hear my friends. That being said, the waitstaff were extremely attentive, and the food was excellent, with my main course being superb! The fried calamari was very good, although I've had better. Not quite as delicate as one would have hoped. But my main course? Oh my! It was a sea food fettuccine in a light cream sauce that tasted as if had been made in heaven! The crab, shrimp, and scallops were so tasty and so delicate that I focused on each bite! The home made fettuccine was in such a cream sauce that I savored every taste! Wow! This and the cappuccino made me feel like I was back in Roma having a truly authentic meal! What a find! What a meal!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We had Christmas dinner at this restaurant and loved it! The atmosphere was classic Italian as were the servers, and the food was fresh and delicious. The lasagna was excellent! Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was prepared to our satisfaction. The prices were also very reasonable. If you're looking for great Italian food and atmosphere this is the place!

Reviewed 18 December 2016

The food is ample and delicious. The service is friendly and usually prompt. The early bird fixed price dinner is the best deal in the LES

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We remember this place from years ago and when our favorite Italian restaurant, Bianca, closed we thought about trying it again.
Not bad, not so good, either. The service is very friendly and prompt. The food is just average, though my husband enjoyed his brook trout. My lasagna was so so ( miss the bechamel). So we continue to seek another place in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We have been to this lower east side restaurant in, well, decades. On a recent theatre visit on 4th st, we went next door and gave it a shot. Wow, has it changed. And for the better. New, friendly decor. great Italian food and reasonably priced. Good serve. Excellent wine list. We'll be back.