“Awesome Salmon”
Review of Cucina di Pesce

Cucina di Pesce
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina di Pesce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,215 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East Village
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were going to a comedy club next door and chose Cucina for its proximity. The special of the evening was salmon and it was highly recommended. For good reason. The fish was served over a potato and topped with a sauce I wish I could duplicate. We split a Cesar salad and topped it off with a piece of homemade key lime pie. The service was great and although we had some time constraints, we were accommodated and went away very satisfied.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We met the family at this tiny gem. The front bar area is small and actually quieter than the middle room where we sat. There also seems to be a back patio area.

I had pumpkin ravioli which was very good. The bread was fresh. We ordered three desserts to share among us. The cheesecake was nice and smooth.

Service was good considering we were seven and there was a table of ten in the room too.

High energy sound, so conversation can be slightly difficult. Still, we enjoyed our tasty meal.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Six of us went for an early dinner after attending a matinee at La MaMa across the street. We were seated promptly and delicious Italian bread with a tasty dip appeared quickly. Some of us got the prix fixe dinner, priced at $15.95. A great bargain, especially because the menu choices were extremely generous. We got a good-sized bowl of chicken soup, a first-rate salad (usually you have to choose one or the other), a lengthy list of entrees, a side dish of pasta - you can choose what kind of pasta & what kind of sauce, and a glass of wine! I ordered a Pinot Grigio and it was very good quality. Comfortable, well-lit dining space and informal atmosphere. The bathroom was very clean, reflecting well on the care they take with the place. I ordered eggplant parmesan for my main course and it was as good as I've ever had in any restaurant. My portion was too big to finish and they wrapped it up nicely for me to take home. The friend who ordered fried calamari loved it, another friend enjoyed her salmon and the friend who ordered chicken got a plate that was covered with a portion of flattened, darkly glazed chicken that made my mouth water. I'm definitely ordering that next time! Service was extremely friendly and efficient. This place goes on my go-to list when I'm ever in the East Village.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We met friends for dinner in the city and my friend booked reservations at Cucina di Pesce in the East Village. Overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience. We sat in the back room that is spacious with a huge sky light atrium. It's a lovely room. There were a few large parties there that made that room extremely loud, and compromised my ability to hear my friends. That being said, the waitstaff were extremely attentive, and the food was excellent, with my main course being superb! The fried calamari was very good, although I've had better. Not quite as delicate as one would have hoped. But my main course? Oh my! It was a sea food fettuccine in a light cream sauce that tasted as if had been made in heaven! The crab, shrimp, and scallops were so tasty and so delicate that I focused on each bite! The home made fettuccine was in such a cream sauce that I savored every taste! Wow! This and the cappuccino made me feel like I was back in Roma having a truly authentic meal! What a find! What a meal!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We had Christmas dinner at this restaurant and loved it! The atmosphere was classic Italian as were the servers, and the food was fresh and delicious. The lasagna was excellent! Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was prepared to our satisfaction. The prices were also very reasonable. If you're looking for great Italian food and atmosphere this is the place!