“Great atmosphere and great food”
Review of TAO Downtown

TAO Downtown
Ranked #225 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Got there early , which was nice to see how the place get crowded ,
Yoshi sushi was great with carry touch
And so is the Thai soup.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by a relative who lives in New York to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The setting amazing with great decoration. The food and service were great (not cheap) but the whole ambience was spoilt by two factors:
The extreme noise level!! We could hardly manage to hold a conversation and even had difficulty communicating with the server. I have never been in such a noisy restaurant in my life.
The tables were very close together which made it difficult to enjoy an intimate dinner.
There was no real need to have the tables so close together (other than trying to pack in as many parole as possible), as the restaurant was huge and the tables could have easily been more spread out.
If your looking for a fun place with a group of friends then maybe this is the place for you, however if you want to have a nice intimate dinner, chose another restaurant.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of the coolest places I ever been to. Amazing fusion kitchen and a spectacular ambiance. I strongly recommend the Peking duck

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My son took myself and my sister out to dinner at Tao for my birthday.I don't often go into the City but my son enjoys eating there so we go for the experience of it all. I having been in the restaurant business most of my adult life and truly enjoyed my meal and the service there. It is dark, different and cavernous. Interesting to say the least! A bit pricey but we had an enjoyable experience and I would go again for a special occasion. Casual dress or dress to the 9s. Food really good....portions not bad..... Service with a smile. We had not 1 complaint .

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

This is a review that should have been written years ago:
This is my favourite resteraunt in the whole wide world!!!!!!
Been there both for lunch and dinner and always want to come back. The atmosphere, menu & food is absolutely excellent. Nothing against the staff either, they are friendly & polite.
We always go for the small dishes so we can try a lot of different stuff. The place is packed at night so reserve ahead.