“Accra African nyc”

Ranked #6,523 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing, unique food served by the friendliest staff you can imagine. They treated two tourist gorbs like old friends. A great meal at an even better price.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was our second time visiting this restaurant. We ordered food for that night and also to go! I wish there was a buffet restaurant like this in Worcester, MA! We will always come here when visiting in the New York area! Awesome customer service and conversation.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Personally I'd give it a 5, but I'm nostalgic for West Africa. The hustle and bustle to get in line an place your order, the chaos of finding a table, kind of made it more genuine (I'm sure it will get some 1 stars from people who don't relate). The food is VERY authentic, had peanut fufu with goat and hoof, and Jolloff Rice. A must-taste for nostalgic Peace Corps volunteers.

1  Thank Robin I
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I haven't had many items off of their menu but the Jollof, Fried Fish and Stew is definitely very tasty. The egusi soup and fufu is also a hit for my brother. Many of my colleagues rave about this place and it really does give you a bang for your buck.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

This place isn't anything to write home about. I ordered the assorted meat (which was really good, although there was no meat on my cow's feet, which was disappointing as I love cow's feet) with Jollof Rice and shito. The Jollof Rice was not very flavorful (so disappointing) and the shito was salty and not very spicey, which was weird. If I could have replaced the rice and shito with something similar that I find at several Ghanaian restaurants in the Bronx, I'd have been in heaven. The only good thing I can say is that the food was decently priced.

Note, this place has traditional American soul food as well; that actually looked amazing, but I came for the Ghanaian food. I doubt I'll be back here for the Ghanaian food, but may want to try out the soul food one day.

1  Thank Navy G