“Oh dear oh dear!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We were in desperate need of some tea and cake and some shelter from the rain when we stopped off here. Our expectations weren't particularly high - we just needed sustenance!

We each ordered a cheesecake to go with our tea which was pretty good but arrived a good 5mins before our drinks.

Having been asked what tea we wanted twice our organic tea bags arrived wrapped in huge plastic wrappers (how is that organic?!?) along with a teapot full of hot water (the clue's in the name - put the tea in the pot!) but with no lid.

We made the best of a bad lot and the tea was welcome when it eventually turned the right colour but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The cannolis here are famous for a reason. They are perfectly sweet (but not too sweet) and the ricotta really stands out. The pastry is flaky and melts in your mouth when you bite. They have an incredible array of pastry options to choose from, so there is something for everyone from every culture (they had French, Italian, and American pastries, etc.).

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Awesome. An accidental find during a trip to Greenwich Village last year left such a strong impression on us that we just had to return with my parents on this trip. Sometimes holiday memories enhance reality with the passage of time but not in this case. My oldies chose half a dozen deserts from the menu whilst my wife and I settled on chocolate mousse. All were phenomenal. And the prices surprisingly affordable for Manhattan. Make this place top of your list of places to visit in Greenwich Village.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

My wife and I went for a long walk on a crisp November afternoon and we happened to pass Paticceria Bruno and we decided to drop in for a late lunch.

The restaurant was relatively empty as it was about 3pm. The place was very old school NYC italian in decor so it needed an upgrade for my taste. The bakery counter was filled with very tasty looking pastries and cakes which all diners need to pass by to get into the main dining area - now that was a nice strategy.

We ordered the Fresca salad (assorted mix greens with seasonal fresh fruit, dry cranberry, crunchy walnuts, white balsamic, and mint dressing) to share and I had the funghi pizza and my wife ordered the eggplant parmigiana. We were surprised by the portion size - they were huge so beware about ordering too much. My wife ordered some hot tea and she got Lipton even though behind the pastry counter there was a wide selection of some top notch teas that she likes that weren't offered to her. That was strange.

In general the food was good. The pizza was true thin crispy crust (I like that) and the flavorings were ok (mushroom and pancetta). Would get it again. My wife liked the eggplant well enough. The salad fresca was a bit strange. When they say seasonal mixed fruit they mean it. It was like having a mixed fruit bowl over lettuce. We could have skipped that one.

Given that the portion size was huge and the food was fine enough, I'd give the place another shot.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I love my Pasticceria Bruno in NYC. I have dealt with them twice. First time I ordered a cake for my engagement party and then a year later a wedding cake. Pina Settepani helped me out both times and she is amazing in how she deals with people, she listens carefully and translates that into the great cakes. I have known this place for a long time, I love their location in Staten Island and Manhattan.
I highly recommend this place to everyone. Their prices are affordable and quality is outstanding.

A.