“Cheap and amazing food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Kips Bay
Neighbourhood: Kips Bay
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Huge plates. Huge quantities. Lovely waiters. Bad ambience. Super cheap. Must go

Reviewed 28 December 2008

OK, i am a PHO nazi...I've been hanging for some PHO ever since i arrived in the states almost 2 weeks ago...i found this place walking back to the hotel and gladly jumped in.
Admittedly , the deep fried spring rolls were good, but when it came to PHO, i was horrified-
The waiter brought out the bean shoots, and they were weeks old! Brown and disgusting.
The Waiter then slapped down the PHO infront of my daughter, not me. I dragged it eagerly to me and asked him where are the fresh chilies. He rudely said "We don't do fresh chili" and walked off. I couldn't believe it- no fresh chili with PHO?
The whole idea of PHO is for the thinly cut strips of beef to be raw, healthy, and the hot aromatic beef stock to cook the beef in your bowl...well um..i was served beef that seemed days old and already cooked, fryed or something, and 90% was just fat.
Disgusting.
Stick to your day job, whatever that is----