“SLATE is An Excellent Venue”
Review of Slate

Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th and 6th Avenue
Transit: Trains: F,V to 23rd St and 6th Ave N,R,W to 23rd Street & B'way 1 to 23rd and 7th 6 to 23rd and Park
Description: One of New York’s only venues with private and semi-private reception spaces, Slate offers sleek decor, sumptuous modern American cuisine, state-of-the-art audiovisual capabilities, a variety of games, a spacious dance floor and banquet seating.Slate offers private function rooms and spaces to accommodate every size private party. Whether the intimate group, or the raucous blowout bash, our venue is customizable. Boasting 16,000 square feet of space spread over two floors that can be outfitted in a myriad of ways to fit your function needs, we provide accommodations for up to 1,200 guests.The premier New York City venue where every event gets the red carpet treatment and unparalleled attention to detail. Birthday Parties, Bar Mitzvahs, Bachelor Parties, Corporate & VIP Events, Fundraisers.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There is an excitement at visiting the bi-level Slate nightclub. Pool and billiard tables greet you along with a generous dance floor and attractive bars. Sound system is truly State of the Art. The drinks are not watered down and generous. Crowd on both levels seemed to be having a great time as I was. Slate in a no brainer. Go, enjoy and have a great time.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My group and I arrived at this place and found out they were charging a mandatory $50 bar tab charge for guys. We knew nothing about a cover or different fees for girls and a guys but decided to do it because we ubered there and it was crowded. The place itself was ok/vibes but the whole night we felt ripped off. The bartender never told us when we reached $50, which the hostess promised he would. We had two rounds, 3 whiskey sodas and 3 beers and the bill was $135.00. My friends and I were absolutely shocked. We knew we had ordered a lot but we were told we would know right when we reached $50, the minimum for a bar tab and we were NOT notified. I would not suggest this place to friends or family. Stay AWAY.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Service sucks waiter charged my bill 20% without my consent, bartenders charge what ever they want on drinks, on both floors.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I am going rate my review due to the service from our bar tender Andrew. Very professional guy and very outgoing person. Great hospitality because of his service I would go back. Food is really good the popcorn shrimp and the mac cheese try it...

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I was sold on Slate as an upgrade on Dave & Busters. It was not... the games were in a great need of upgrades . The drinks were decent. The upper floor dance club was great and saved the rating.
-Blogger AM21