“Gondola Ride”

Central Park Pedicab Tour
US$125.00*
Central Park Horse and Carriage Ride with Professional Photographer
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Tried to surprise wife with something romantic and ran across the Gondola ride. It was great. $45 for half hour. Gondolier was great. Did some tour guide stuff about Central Park and sang a little. Going around the lake you're a celebrity. Prob more because the other boats are self rowing and you are getting pushed around while you relax. Had to ask a couple people where to find it when I got there (it's by the outdoor bar). Great experience.

2  Thank chuckmaushardt1120

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I grabbed a chocolate filled scone and hot chocolate at the little cafe inside, and it was the perfect start to my morning in Central Park! It was really quick, cheap, and casual, I sat outside while I ate. They had quite a bit to choose from, and they switched from breakfast to lunch at 11am. This is separate from the sit down restaurant, so I can't comment on that. I wouldn't say this place is anything spectacular, but if you're in the park and need an easy meal or snack, it's a good option!

1  Thank MrsCain811
Reviewed 12 May 2017

perfect setting. middle of it all in nyc. service- staff nice harried and super slow. wait time for food ridiculous. wait time to to your wait person, ridculous. food mediocre at best. know what you are getting. a nice iconic place

1  Thank dawn m
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Nice place as in american movies:)
We had breakfast, it's a bit expensive but the place is no nice. Find a seat outside, near the lake when thw weather is nice. You'll enjoy!
Eggs benedict recommended!

1  Thank Ceyda K
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by friends whose taste in food is usually good.

The first thing that comes to mind when you go in is OTT. Tables are set with linen cloths, flowers and cutlery and the waiting staff wear striped ties making it look a bit like an exclusive club. I would class the welcome as professional rather than warm. Smiles don't quite reach the eyes and one gets the feeling that diners are a bit of a nuisance. A menu is delivered with a wine list - only whole bottles. For a single glass one has to ask for a separate wine list.

Food is delivered quite quickly and is all fine but quite unmemorable. I probably will have forgotten about it tomorrow. I chose the "special" which was red snapper with a few veg on the side. Most of the other diners seemed to prefer the house burgers. Perhaps they knew something that I didn't.

For a first course, main and a glass of wine, the bill came to $85.47 This included a compulsory gratuity of $10.35. There was a line underneath suggesting that I may want to add "additional gratuity". I didn't. I thought that was a bit cheeky considering that it was just lunch and neither the food or the service were spectacular.

1  Thank andiedan