“Great location”

Central Park Pedicab Tour
US$125.00*
Central Park Horse and Carriage Ride with Professional Photographer
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Great location, we had a good lunch here and watched the world go by for awhile, a good stop to help break a Central Park day up, with good wine to accompany the menu. Waitress was attentive, and proactive, very friendly.
Food was very high quality.

It's quite pricey, due to the quality of food and venue, and a family may want to try elsewhere, there was a more casual cafe by the Alice in wonderland statue (about 100 metres away from here) with views overlooking the mini sail boat lake- It looked ok although I didn't try it.

I would have given The Boathouse five stars but the staff are very picky about not sitting anyone until the whole group arrives, I could understand for a large group, but for a party of two I thought it was quite petty.

There are newer reviews for Loeb Boathouse

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to sit and look at the lake. Food was good. You can rent row boats there as well. Located in Central Park

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate lunch here and it was wonderful! We were seated in an open-air table, with a roof overhead, and had a wonderful view of the lake with canoes on the lake and trees all around. It couldn't have been prettier. The meal was excellent; the best I've had in a long, long while. My husband said the same. Our best meal in New York!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Got engaged whilst boating on the lake here following a meal at the boat house. Lovely meal and despite not having booked and the place being very busy - we only had a short wait. Following the proposal we sat and celebrated with plenty of champagne in the bar area outside. The bar staff could not have been more lovely and congratulatory, also recommending us a number of excellent places to visit during our trip. Will always be a special place for me and look forward to returning!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Tried to surprise wife with something romantic and ran across the Gondola ride. It was great. $45 for half hour. Gondolier was great. Did some tour guide stuff about Central Park and sang a little. Going around the lake you're a celebrity. Prob more because the other boats are self rowing and you are getting pushed around while you relax. Had to ask a couple people where to find it when I got there (it's by the outdoor bar). Great experience.

2  Thank chuckmaushardt1120