“Rude staff”
Review of Sweet and Vicious

Sweet and Vicious
Ranked #297 of 873 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came here late on a Friday night, and it was quite packed. We enjoyed dancing for a bit then decided to grab some drinks. At the bar, the bartender kept asking my friend where his girlfriend was, even after my friend told him he was here with his boyfriend. After this mess, we decided to leave and won't be back anytime soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

One of my favourite bars in New York, really down to earth, which is hard to find in soho. The inside is huge with old wooden floors and the outside terrace is really nice with wooden benches and large by new york standards.
I have only ever had the frozen margaritas here which are fantastic- not too sweet, they are served in huge mason jars.
Laid back, fun atmosphere its the perfect place to meet up with friends after work or before heading out of the town.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Whilst my friends enjoyed a delicious frozen margarita I ordered a coke (I am 6 months pregnant). The brown flavoured fizzy water I was offered didn't cut it really. When I asked whether the coke dispenser was working properly a very arrogant waitress rudely said "this isn't a restaurant you know, the coke is supposed to be mixed with alcohol". Disappointingly I was informed there was no alternative alcohol free drinks available except Sprite or Tonic water.

After such rudeness a tip was demanded. "It's customary to tip" she kindly informed me. In my book you tip good service, not rudeness and poor quality drinks.

It's a shame because this looked a cool place to hang.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Really liked this bar. The inside is nice and big so it doesnt usually feel cramped even when there are a lot of people there. The backyard is pretty sweet; it has wooden benches lining the outside with little wooden tables and chairs. I thought the frozen margs were good (served in mason jars, which i love) and it just had a good, fun vibe in general.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is more of a bar, than an attraction but regardless still a good place. Stopped in at this bar on a Saturday night and the place was hopping. Off the beaten path a bit, was a little hard to find but I recommend it if you are looking for a bar to go to.