“Half of this bar is good, the other half is not my scene ”
Review of Sweet and Vicious

Sweet and Vicious
Ranked #295 of 877 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

This bar confused me.
Inside: music is loud, scene is almost a club, drinks are cheap.
Outside: they have a lovely back courtyard with tables where you can have a decent conversation and the mood is decidedly far more mature and casual. I would not go here if it wasn't for the courtyard. There are better bars in the neighbourhood if you're meeting friends to catch up.

Reviewed 24 October 2014

The backyard at Sweet & Vicious is the perfect hideout right off the Bowery. Go here in the afternoon or late at night and enjoy a beer or cocktail with your friends. Very low key!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came here late on a Friday night, and it was quite packed. We enjoyed dancing for a bit then decided to grab some drinks. At the bar, the bartender kept asking my friend where his girlfriend was, even after my friend told him he was here with his boyfriend. After this mess, we decided to leave and won't be back anytime soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

One of my favourite bars in New York, really down to earth, which is hard to find in soho. The inside is huge with old wooden floors and the outside terrace is really nice with wooden benches and large by new york standards.
I have only ever had the frozen margaritas here which are fantastic- not too sweet, they are served in huge mason jars.
Laid back, fun atmosphere its the perfect place to meet up with friends after work or before heading out of the town.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Whilst my friends enjoyed a delicious frozen margarita I ordered a coke (I am 6 months pregnant). The brown flavoured fizzy water I was offered didn't cut it really. When I asked whether the coke dispenser was working properly a very arrogant waitress rudely said "this isn't a restaurant you know, the coke is supposed to be mixed with alcohol". Disappointingly I was informed there was no alternative alcohol free drinks available except Sprite or Tonic water.

After such rudeness a tip was demanded. "It's customary to tip" she kindly informed me. In my book you tip good service, not rudeness and poor quality drinks.

It's a shame because this looked a cool place to hang.