“Awful Experience”
Review of Sweet and Vicious

Sweet and Vicious
Ranked #295 of 874 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed 28 October 2017

If I could give zero stars, I would. I went to Sweet Vicious for a friend's birthday party. Bouncer checked my pocketbook before going in and all was fine. After being in the bar for a little while, I stepped outside to make a phone call. When I came back, another bouncer was at the door. He checked my pocketbook and would not let me in due to a prescription bottle in my pocketbook. I explained to him that it was prescribed by a doctor, in the actual medicine bottle, with my name clearly on the bottle. He said I was a liability due to having medication in my pocketbook and refused to let me back in. I could not even go back in to pay my tab. They brought the tab out to me to sign on the sidewalk. When I mentioned that the other bouncer had no problem with me coming in an hour ago, he said that apparently the other bouncer was not doing his job correctly. I feel very discriminated against and was embarrassed by the whole situation. How many people have ever been denied entrance in to somewhere because they have a legal prescription bottle in their pocketbook. I could not even go back in to tell the group I was leaving due to Sweet and Vicious discriminating against people who take medication. I will be looking into this practice to see if it is considered discrimination and if so, I will be contacting a lawyer.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Music is good, cocktail's are very average but decent price. Not sure if we will visit again worth the try though.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

This place is great! Frozen Margs and Ja Rule blaring. Can't go wrong. The back patio was very busy, but it was to be expected with all the greatness.

1  Thank mmc3424
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

One of the few places I went that actually had reasonably priced drinks!! Kind of a rare in this city! This place has a cool vibe. Love the courtyard in the back. It can get really busy though! And when that happens good luck trying to make your way to the bathroom lol...

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Frozen margueritas so so... not recommended.
Location is great, music is cool but cocktails options are unknown as they do not have a menu...