“Delicious Sushi and Great Atmosphere”
Review of Koi

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenue
Transit: B,V,D,F to 42nd Street; 4,5,6 to 42nd/Grand Central Station.
Description: Rich earth tones of orange, red and brown impart warmth to the cool and tranquil space. Thin tapestries of translucent rose fabric are embellished with flame motifs and suspended from the ceiling, creating a separate seating area perfect for a light bite near the large front windows. Famous for its unique and mouth-watering interpretation of Japanese cuisine. Upscale Japanese fare is given a jolt of new life through an innovative use of ingredients, resulting in refreshing and exciting flavor combinations. Crispy Rice with Spice Tuna, an addictive version of the classic spicy tuna roll, featuring warm grilled rice topped with a thick layer of cool, savory tuna. Baked Crab Roll, for which succulent fresh crab meat is wrapped in a thin rice paper dotted with sesame seeds and baked to perfection. Hamachi Fusion with Soy-Citrus and Truffle Essence all artfully plated by Koi’s skilled culinary team.
Reviewed 11 December 2016

I love trying new sushi places but I had to repeat a visit here because the sushi was that good. The sushi is very fresh and made wonderfully. The atmosphere and decorating of the restaurant is very nice and modern too. Recommend for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Nothing special apart from the price, not terrible, but so many better places to eat in NYC....The service was also not particularly great...

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

What nice interior. Resturant is inside Bryant Park Hotel. We arrived about 20 minutes before they closed for lunch. They were very welcoming and very professional!! Our booth was very stylish and comfortable. My friend and I shared 3 rooms and an order of edamame. It was all good

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Had a 530 reservation when the doors open, was with my wife and two daughters who all love sushi and we get it often locally. As I have looked at the menu I was very underwhelmed, there were maybe a dozen specialty rolls to choose from, I chose a couple that I thought I would like and where similar to things that I would usually get and they were average at best. Maybe I should've tried an entrée from the kitchen I may have been happier. They had some new cocktails that we're good. And we got a couple of desserts that were very good. All in all though I could only say it was average.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We were very happy with the food and service here. Our waiter was WONDERFUL; I wish I remembered his name. The sushi was incredible as were the lobster tacos.
The only snafu is they originally wanted to seat us in the back literally climbing over two other tables. It was corrected quickly and we found other seating but the hostess was a bit off.