“Best manicures and pedicures in nyc”
Review of L'Institut Sothys

L'Institut Sothys
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Barbara will dc he best one around. Professional, totally hygienic, private and affordable. Lovely place to have served visit fed and you can even have tea service here as well.
Well worth the price fir the pampering

Management response:Responded 27 July 2017

Thank you so much Allan for the glowing review. I will share your comments with Barbara, I am sure she will be thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

My first experience was awful so manager offered me to come back for another try with another masseur. If all you want massage is caress with not much pressure. This is a place to go. It's like you put lotion on yourself after bath type of massage. Instead a masseur will put lotion all over your body. Anyway, she did a 60 minute work and very friendly. I left her a tip for her work. But would I come back for more massage at this place? Probably not.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Amazing treatments! I had the european facial and Hanakasumi body treatment. The second best facial i've ever had! They wrap a hot towl around your face to remove your products which sends you to sleep. Products smell gorgeous and the therapist did an amazing job at clearly blocked pores and brightening my skin. My body treatment left my skin feeling so smooth - i bought all of the body care range she used during the treatment and also the peeling scrub from the facial. Would highly recommend this spa if visitng NY. All the ladies are friendly, great facilities and easy to find! Would go back if i ever visited NY again.

Reviewed 19 October 2014

I have been living in NY for 6 months and have been struggling to find a spa/salon that provides great customer service as well as services. I have found it in Sothy's! Janna is great for facials and brows and Grace is wonderful for pedicures and manicures. Although it is over a mile walk for me, it is worth it to get great services!

1  Thank skkollie
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Made an appointment with my wife as a special treat while in NYC. Reservations went well, backed up with a call the day before to ask us to turn up 15 / 20 mins before to prepare. On the day we turned up as requested, much to the surprise of the receptionist, who made us wait 20 mins before taking us through ! The manageress was in reception talking to a rep. the lady at reception told us that she wanted the manageress to welcome us, manageress talked to the rep for a full 15 mins while we were waiting, even though she had been told we were there, and didn't even look at us as we walked past to get changed, then we didn't see her again. Not a good start. Changing rooms small, and not towles from prior guest not picked up. Massage was fantastic, the best I've had by far. The massage room was cold and with direct daylight in the room didn't make it feel special at all. The facial was very good as well, room change and much better. Overall, great treatment the rest needs to be better, for the price ! Products are very good as well. Last point, the overall experience was to last 3h30 we were finished in 3h05.

4  Thank Jay175