“Nice Saturday Brunch”
Review of Cookshop

Cookshop
Reserve with OpenTable
Cookshop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #412 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We had a Late brunch and we started off with pancakes and cocktails and continued with Bloody Marys and Frittata and Huevos Rancheros. The drinks were very good, like the quite large egg portions. Coffee and specialty Sundaes were a great finish. The staff were friendly and attentive. The place is busy and noisy, but the food and drinks are very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I was looking for a great Thanksgiving dinner for one and thought Cookshop should be the right place.
But I was wrong.
First I had to wait for more than 30 minutes for my reserved table while watching how parties of 2,3 or 4 were seated ahead of me. The life of a single diner!
This happened after I had to give a credit card to secure my reservation and was told there was a $25 fee if I’m late or a no show!!! Of course, I did not get a $25 credit.
I ordered the soup and the turkey once seated. The mushroom soup was weird, not what I expected. Clear broth and a weird texture of the mushrooms. Than I was served fish instead of the ordered turkey. They got me the turkey 15 min later but did not replace the side dishes. So turkey with cold potatoes and Brussels sprouts it was.
Not a good experience. Should have stayed home

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped off on the highline walk. the breakfast was great service and a good breakfast.
Only criticism was that the I ordered hard eggs and they were runny and staff realised this they didn't make an attempt to rectify which was a shame.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

So first time in New York, a Saturday morning and a marathon to look forward to on Sunday, so we just had to have brunch. Turned up early, unknowingly, here and although there seemed to be no available reservations online, the friendly staff told us to come back when they opened (10am) and we should get a table no problem. And so it proved to be. Actually rather a good table in the corner on the comfy seats. The waiter helped us choose, explaining portion sizes etc, and we focused on the Heuvos Rancheros and the Cornmeal Pancakes after a couple of pastries and some fine coffee. Not at all disappointed and we could have spent all morning here. I think I could learn to live in New York!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed 2 courses at Cookshop - starters and mains. The portions were generous and the food well-priced and there was a decent array of cocktails and wine on offer. The atmosphere was fantastic and the staff were welcoming. It's well placed along the High Line so you can stop off half way at Cookshop and continue the rest of it after the meal.