“Refreshing vigorous scrub, so- so leg wax.”
Review of Juvenex Spa

Juvenex Spa
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Had a lovely afternoon with the shower, steam, salt scrub and sauna and a leg and underarm wax. All of these services were good (ranged from OK to very good)- Steam room smelled a touch stale/mildew, but OK. The hot tub soak was also only OK- not really hot enough and not more special than a bath I might have at home. Dry sauna was nice- good temerature and relaxing- but hard for me to get comfortable (I have a back injury and there was no way to really lie down or lean back). So the only ding was because of my own physical need. Scrub was excellent (very exposing, so if you are shy it's not for you). Scrubber was nice and attentive, water hot, nice cucumber mask. The leg and underarm wax were OK but they missed a few spots on my leg and did not do a great job checking their work. The overall experience was relaxing, but I would give 3.5 stars if that were an available rating. Good more than "very good."

3  Thank JessNC
"floor"
in 10 reviews
"lockers"

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I liked everything. They give the best body scrubs.

1  Thank 1besttaste
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I first went to Juvenex in August 2011 a week before my wedding with friends and family. I had the spa package that included the bath and full body scrub. To beat the bridal blues I also had a full body massage. We ladies had an excellent experience. The scrub was invigorating and refreshing. And the body massage was one of the best I have ever had. Recently, I went with my husband for my birthday. We purchased the couples package with the massage. The services began with a romantic spa bath in a jacuzzi, followed by a couples full body massage. The greatest part of the spa experience there is the access to the other spa services. The steam and sauna are wonderful. They also offer tea, lemon or cucumber water as well as fresh cut pineapple or green melon. The fruit is always very fresh and tasty. I also got a mani/pedi and it lasted for forever without chipping. I highly recommend Juvenex! It is not just a spa but an experience. A very relaxing and rejuvenating experience.

7  Thank vanessakate
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We went here for a couples package. I have had several massages in my life and I have to say this is the top of my list!! My hubby and I had such a romantic time. WILL come back!!!

4  Thank VacaySaver
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I found a good review of Juvenex in a New York Guide Book and decided to give it a go after a week of city walking. It was such a good decision.

From the outside and the communal corridor, you might think you'd come to the wrong place and we were indeed tempted to turn around. However, you take the lift to the 5th floor and it's like stepping out of the city and into another world. It was so serene and relaxing.

We were booked in for a reflexology massage each but upon seeing the spa I decided to ask how much that would cost. The receptionist told us it was an additional $35 each but that she would throw it in for free. She gave us disposable swimming costumes, towels, robes and slippers and showed us around. We were free to use all of the facilities. After changing, the receptionist offered us fresh fruit and a drink - even champagne!

Then we had our massage - which was like a mixture of Thai and Reflexology...worked wonders on our tired feet and legs and even involved and short head and shoulder massage! Absolutely fantastic!

We tipped at the end but later realised (after reading guidance in our travel book) that we had probably been a bit stingy, so I'm hoping this review will encourage more people to go there and increase their business.

Escape the city for a couple of hours...you won't regret it!

5  Thank RossiRogers