12,053 results
All reviews the executive lounge central park herb n kitchen great location new york times square rockefeller center radio city music hall large hotel busy hotel few blocks fifth avenue lobby bar housekeeping staff high floor corner room bagels
Reviewed 21 February 2012

You can't beat the location, very close to a lot of the bigger touristy things to do. Was there for a conference and I rarely get to stay in a Hilton, so I thought it was a nice hotel, but they are obviously in the process of upgrading the hotel. I did not have a renovated room that they show on their website with nice tile and glass shower door. It seems as if they are doing it floor by floor as I saw some people getting off on floors that the hallways were certainly newer (new lighting, paneling, no wallpaper, etc). Overall, pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

We’re so pleased to hear that our location was ideal and supplied you with things to do close by during your convention stay. We are indeed in the process of upgrading the guestrooms and hope you’ll return to see our improvements in the near future!

Kellie.Cahill@hilton.com
Director of Sales and Marketing
212 261 5966

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just a few Blocks from Central Park, shopping on 5th Ave, the lights of Times Square and a Broadway musical. We spent a long weekend on one of the executive levels in a king room that was in need of an upgrade. (Rug stained and wallpaper dated) The room was clean the hot water plentiful and the bed was excellent. The exec. lounge was packed during the early evening hours and the morning continental breakfast had a line even though the room holds over 80 guests! This is a hugh property with a ton of guest each day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melmic

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, convenient to Central Park and tons of great shopping. We’re in the process of making changes to the guestrooms and hope you’ll return to stay in a newly updated room.

Kellie.Cahill@hilton.com
Director of Sales and Marketing
212 261 5966

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I go quite often at the Hilton. I used to sleep here when I did not live in NYC. It's a very clean and comfortable hotel. I reviewed it before. Now I live in NYC and I quite often go there for lunch (good). Last week for the first time I tried its coffee bar. It was quite unsatisfactory. The place is incredibly noisy. We ordered two slices of cake (average), a cup of coffee (nothing great) and a bottle of water. But listen to this: while I was writing on my computer, the waiter took away my bottle of water. I called him back and kindly I said "inadvtently you took away my Perrier.
i was still drinking". insteda of saying sorry, he want away mumbling. He came back with a half bottle ofwater (mine) and another one full. He put in front of me with a "ok, now?". Giving a new bottle for free was nice but rudeness , as a famous commercial goes, is "priceless"! I don't think I will go again in that place

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I brought my family with me on during a business trip to the Big Apple and we stayed at the Hilton New York. Check in was swift and efficent. We had a room on the tenth floor, which was high enough to avoid all but the loaudest noises - Sirens, etc - from the street. Staff at the front desk, concierge and executive lounge were uniformly helpful and friendly. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds and while not luxurious large, was more then adequate for our family. It looked newly remodelled and was crisp and clean. The TV was an awesome HD set.

Of course being in NYC the point is to get out and about and the hotel is well located for this. Its a quick 2 block walk to Rockefeller Center, close to the theater district, MoMA and Time Square - but not so close to it to be sucked into the craziness there. Its a quick walk to subway lines downtown or crosstown.

My only - very minor - compliant was using the elevators to get to the executive lounge was a hassle. The Hilton Honors floors were 8 & 9 and I was on 10. The elevators ran in 3 or 4 soerat banks that went to different floors. I had to take an elevator down to the lobby or fitness center then catch another elevator up to the lounge on 44. Some busy mornings that coud be 10 minute trip. It would be nice to have direct access to the lounge from the HHonors floors. I have to say the view was worth the ride as you can sit in one corner of the lounge and see into central park, or the other look down 6th Ave at the Radio City Music hall. The breakfast buffett was also good - especailly the bagels - for a continental breakfast offering.

Lastly I have to say I got a killer corporate rate of <$200/ night. At that price for NYC the value was unbeatable. All in all The Hilton New York will be my first pick for my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ocInvestor2
Reviewed 20 February 2012

NYC hotel in good locale, within 4-8 blocks of Times Square, theater district, Central Park, Radio City Music Hall. and of course lots of restaurants. Good value considering midtown hotel prices.

• Stayed: February 2012
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. We’re so pleased to hear that our location was convenient for your stay in New York City, and was a good value for the cost. We look forward to hosting you again very soon!

Director of Marketing