12,306 results
All reviews the executive lounge great location central park herb n kitchen new york times square rockefeller center large hotel radio city music hall busy hotel few blocks lobby bar fifth avenue housekeeping staff high floor bagels street noise
Reviewed 8 January 2007

My 9 year old daughter and I stayed here for a mother/daughter weekend from Jan 5-7th. I wanted a hotel within walking distance to many different sights and activities. We were not dissapointed! We were able to walk to times square, theater district, rockafeller center, the American Girl Store, 5th Avenue, Central Park, FAO Schwarz, etc..... It was a PERFECT location.
The hotel was clean, the people were friendly, the staff helpful. I have really only two complaints.
One, room service was VERY expensive. Now, I know this is New York - so what do I expect? I don't know. But I paid $50.00 for my daughter and I to get dessert via room service. The hotel charges a $9.00 room service fee to deliver the food - and then I was reminded by the waiter that gratuity is NOT included in that $9.00. So, I gave a tip too, so by the end - I paid $16.00 more just to get room service. Next time, I'll walk down to the restaurant or get ice cream to go at one of the many restaurants nearby.
Second complaint - the breakfast buffet. My entire meal was cold and I could not get the waitress to bring our check to save my life. It was frustrating. But, I also will admit that it very well could have been simply an "off" morning for both the waitress and the restaurant.
Our trip was fabulous, however, and I would most certainly stay here again. The location could not be beat. We also booked via priceline and we received a rate of $150.00 per night, which for the quality and location, could not be beat.
On a side note, my daughter and I went to see "Hairspray" at the Neil Simon theater, and to say it was FABULOUS would not be giving it enough credit. Best show I"ve ever seen, hands down - and I've been to many broadway and off broadway shows. If you get a chance, GO. You won't be sorry.

3  Thank jlpsu
Reviewed 8 January 2007

We went to the Hilton for New Year's Eve. We booked via American Express and were disappointed. The hotel has been refurbished but apparently not all rooms. We had a King bed Deluxe room which was very nice. Natural colors, flat screen, excellent beds and sheets. The problem of this hotel is the hotel itself : we asked for a king bed and we had twin beds, the hotel was fully booked we couldn't move. We made a request 3 months ago for a corner room, of course we didn't get it. We asked for a plug adaptor (as we are french) but the Hilton does not have adaptors for their clients. You have to buy one and the shop of the hotel had no stock left. No service, when you ask for something you better do it by yourself. Too many people, you have to queue to take the elevators. The reception is more busy than Grand Central Station at pick time. Cleaness is moderate in the room, very poor in the hotel. There was a small bottle of ketchup and jam in the corridor which stained the wall and it remains during 2 days, whereas the housekeepers saw it. Even this Hilton isn't a 5 stars hotel, you should expect a minimum of service when you go in a brand hotel for more than 400$ per night.You can go there if you have no other choice, it is not awful, but we won't go there again.

Date of stay: December 2006
2  Thank LMParis
Reviewed 8 January 2007

I stayed here for 6 nights recently. We paid additional for a Club Level room...we had an unrenovated room which had a foul odour emitting from the bathroom (let alone the yellow stained shower curtain). The staff were not really interested in helping or wanting to make your stay more positive. The room service staff were pushy over tips (although a reasonable tip was given) and quiet rude.
We had an additional night booked at the hotel after visiting Washington, however cancelled it to stay at the Westin Times Square which made the Hilton look like a highway motel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank benaus
Reviewed 7 January 2007

The hotel was in the perfect location! We had a very speedy check-in and check-out. The only major fault to this hotel was that the room was very warm throughout the night. When we complained that the room was uncomfortable, we were told that only the heater works during the winter months, but we could open our windows. We opened the windows, but then we had to listen to the horns blowing throughout the night. Overall, the hotel was nice and it served it's purpose.

1  Thank jae_mye
Reviewed 4 January 2007

Me and my Fiancee stayed here for the Christmas period and thanks to the Hilton it was the most fantastic yet. If its location you want then this is the place, mid town manhatten amongst all that goes on. Come out the hotel and you will see all that NY has to offer. We had a King room and couldnt fault a thing, spacious and cleaned on a daily basis. Surprisingly, the hotel being in the location that it is, our room was really quiet. The hotel staff were all very helpful 24/7 and the room service excellent. Upon entering the hotel for the first time we both new we made the right choice. We didnt use any facilities because basically we didnt need to, to much happening outside for that. If you were to match the price to what you get, then value is the word that comes to mind. We booked direct with the hotel and it was all so easy. I highly recommend this place without a doubt and we're already looking forward to returning. 10/10.

Date of stay: December 2006