“Tribecatastic!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cork, Ireland
“Tribecatastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed in Duane Street Hotel for 3 nights in Feb 2012. We loved the hotel and the location. The rooms are clean, comfortable with all amenities and were actually bigger than expected! (New York hotel rooms are small! Get used to it!). We did not find the hotel at all noisy and got a great nights sleep in the super large and comfy bed. The staff are really friendly and full of usefull info. We ate in metaphor one night and the food was lovely. As a couple consisting of one vegetarian and one carnivourous coeliac we are quite hard to cater for but the restuarant provided a 5 course taster menu that met both of our dietary needs and was really tasty. Next time we visit New York we'll be back to Duane Street!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Glad you enjoyed yourself and looking forward to welcoming you back

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Most responsive staff I have ever met. Needed more hangars ... we had them in 3 minutes. Went down to ask about ice ... housekeeping was waiting with a bucket of ice for me when I went back to my room. I don't know how they beat me back! Wanted to make reservations for the 9/11 memorial ... Chris sat me down behind the computer at the front desk, walked me thru the process, and printed out the reservations.

Super location ... easy walk to ground zero, Battery Park, financial district, city hall, Brooklyn Bridge, many great neighborhood restaurants.

Only negative was that the room was small; although I've been in smaller. And, to be fair, I chose the smaller room to fit our budget. On the otherhand, despite the fact that we were on the second floor, facing busy Church Street, it was the quietest urban hotel I've ever been in. No noise ... really!!! ... from the restaurant below, the room above, the street (the windows were double-paned) or the hall. I was amazed!

Room Tip: Don't worry about being low (2nd floor), no street noise penetrates the well-designed windows.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and looking forward to greeting you the next time you are in town.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip to NYC and found it very comfortable. Located in the trendy TriBeCa area it is great for access to lower Manhatten as well as Greenwich Village and Soho. Beds and pillows were very comfortable, wall mounted flat screen TV, free wi-fi (!!) nice bathroom toiletries, and great walk-in roomy shower. Room was on small side (no place for luggage access), but that is usual in small boutique hotels. Very friendly service and vibe in the small ground floor lounge where they will serve you drinks. There is a very good restaurant on site, although I confess I didn't use it as breakfast is one of my favourite meals to have out in NYC. I would definitely go back. Perfect for business.

Room Tip: Rooms are double glazed, so not too noisy. Rooms higher up may be quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Do not forget to become a Stash Reward member the next time you visit us.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one week during a recent business trip to New York and was blown away by the level of service provided by everyone, from the manager down to those tasked with cleaning the rooms. We were given a larger room to accomodate printers and boxes of documents we had with us, at no charge. They brought a mini-regrigerator and replaced the normal desk chair with a high quality office chair because they knew we were using the room as an office as well as a place to sleep at night. The hotel is conveniently placed around great restaurants, deli, and was within walking distance to the courts in New York as well as the 9/11 memorial. I would certainly stay here again, on business and pleasure. Only down side of the hotel was that the rooms are not very soundproof and bad neighbors could make for some annoyance, though I'm confident the staff would handle any potential issue that may arise with professionalism and courtesy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in town
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. The location was great, the staff helpful and the decor very 'downtown' feeling. The only issue is the size of the room. I couldn't figure out a convenient place to leave my suitcase opened. I was traveling alone so I could make it work. I would stay again though as that was a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2012
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
I really appreciate your feedback. Want to share with you that we have larger room that we can offer you for your next visit. Once again thank you