“Exquisite!”
Review of The Bowery Hotel

Ranked #88 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The Bowery is the most divine boutique hotel in New York! From the minute I arrived I felt like I was being cared for by dear friends. The staff is delightful, the rooms are warm, luxurious and inviting, and the scene in the lobby is the best! I’ll never stay anywhere else.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
BoweryGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at The Bowery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Hello thurley365,

Your review is so kind and I will pass along your comments to our staff. The Bowery Lobby is truly a special place with a cozy fire place and expertly made cocktails.

Please let me know if you need anything in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I've been to Manhattan many times and stayed in just about every type of place you can think of from a chain hotel at Times Square to an AirBnB 4th floor walk up in the heart of the village, but the Bowery stands out as something special. We went to NY for Thanksgiving this year to visit family and wanted to stay in the Village and we wanted a hotel to make things easy. I looked at a number of spots and finally landed on the Bowery for location, amenities and reviews. Wow, were we surprised by how it not only lived up to the reviews, but far exceeded our expectations. There are 3 things that really struck home, 1) location - it's a fantastic location, but understand this is the east village so you are going to get real NY including one of the oldest cemeteries outside your window if you're lucky, 2) hotel lobby/bar/restaurant. I can't say enough about the ambiance of the lobby and bar area with its vintage furniture and dark wood touches. The drinks are tasty, the scene is very hip, but not overwhelming and the food is fantastic, which takes me to the restaurant which far exceeds normal hotel expectations. 3) The Staff - this is what set things apart for me. From the minute the doorman opened the door through to the front desk, the waitstaff and housekeeping, I felt like a VIP. Every turn was met with an offer of assistance and a look of either helpfulness or empathy (depending on the situation). This staff goes above and beyond most I've run into in my stays just about anywhere.

Overall, the rooms are going to be smaller, but we never felt cramped, we were a bit freaked out by the Bowery Teddybear on the best ;> but he found a spot looking out on the cemetery in the windowsill. This is a great place for couples and those who love dogs, there wasn't a moment where there wasn't a fantastically behaving dog in the lounge (a plus in my book), and for those who really want to become part of The Village without renting an apartment.

Room Tip: If you can get a patio room, go for it, they looked awesome out our window.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi Mike J,

I just want to say thank you for your kind words. Your detailed feedback will definitely help the TripAdvisor community understand The Bowery experience.

In defense of Bo the Bowery Bear, Bo is one of our most senior team members and embodies the Bowery's grit, style, and sophistication. That being said, we will have Bo stay out of your room next time :) For those that want to see more of Bo, search #bothebowerybear on Instagram.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed my two day stay. Great staff, loads of character excellent attention to detail. Nice bar , relaxed sophisticated lounge area . Italian restaurant Gemma attached to Hotel authentic . Nice room with terrace all excellent quality.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Hello NewmanPaul

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I'm so glad that you were impressed with our staff. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service while still showing individual personality and warmth. It seems like this is what you experienced. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Our son was recently married at The Bowery Hotel. It was a wonderful event! We worked with their excellent event planner Amanda Len who coordinated things beautifully with our wedding planner. I can not say enough about the staff- very professional and attentive throughout the event and during our stay at the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel and will return very soon. They also have an excellent Guest Services Manager Joel Coleman who checked with us to see if we needed anything.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi SusiGr,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed the wedding and the hotel accommodations. For those that may not know, we have an incredible private events space on our 2nd floor. The space is perfect for social events, banquets, fundraisers, weddings, and more.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

They say that Disneyland is the most magical place in the world, but they are wrong. It's the Bowery Hotel in NYC. Once you enter, it’s hard to leave this dreamy little sanctuary. The rooms are boho-chic and comfy. Amazing bathroom and toiletries! And the lobby lounge, well, it’s bliss, especially coupled with their espresso martini! Love, love, love the staff - they are as infamous as the lobby. This was our favorite part of the NYC trip - we didn't want to leave... ever.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends