“Two great stays so far”
Review of Lafayette House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lafayette House
Ranked #399 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm a local to NY, but when I want a change of scenery or a deep, fantastic bath, I stay at the Lafayette House. I've only ever stayed on the top floor, street facing room and I've always been very happy with it. The house is lovely and romantic, and the bath tub is to die for! I'm super tall and can sit up straight in the tub and still have the water up to my chin!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor room facing the street for the best bath experience in town!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tex G

Reviewed 2 April 2014

A great place for independent people. You get your key to the door and you really feel like a newyorker! It was great to be back to our quiet room after busy days of sightseeing and shopping. Great, huge and comfortable bed. We had a fire place in our room which was great as the weather outside was cold and wet. Great location, close to the subway station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katarzyna_11
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The house is nice and typical but I would not recommend it if you don't like old building and cold. I don't know if the owners are making savings on the heater, do not know how to use the heater or if the heater is really from the 20s but we were really upset with the coldness in the room and the fact that we always had to beg to get some heat in the room.
This plus the fact that you pay $450 a night for a cold room with no breakfast I thought I could have found better.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Dedede76
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Lafayette House is my new place to stay for an overnight in NYC. In addition to the great neighborhood and fabulous shops close by, there are numerous wonderful restaurants to choose from within walking distance. Our room was lovely and connected to the outdoor garden. A bottle of wine was waiting for us upon arrival. The room decor is charming and the fireplace made it nice and cozy. I recommend the Lafayette House to anyone wanting a quick get away or for even a longer extended visit to New York.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are extra special but I'm sure any room you choose will be fabulous.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We enjoyed a lovely staycation at Lafayette House for one night in the Balcony King suite. Upon arrival our room wasn't quite ready yet, but the staff held on to our bags while we ran a few errands close by. We were back within 15 minutes and our room was ready, plus we received a complimentary bottle of wine. The room had a spooky charm to it and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Our only reservation was that our fire place did not work. The staff bent over backwards to try to fix it, but unfortunately no one could figure out why it wouldn't work. At the price we were paying to stay there, we couldn't help but feel a bit gypped on that part of the experience.

Overall we still had a lovely stay. It was a great place to spend a romantic evening and I'd love to go back and stay in some of the other rooms some time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple