Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$267
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$174
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$170
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$209
US$199
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$171
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$169
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$145
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$236
US$213
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsworking fireplaceeast villagegas fireplacearound the cornerstove topgreat place to stayexcellent locationbrownstonefurnitureheatingmanhattan
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Where I come from we don't have brownstones so to come to New York to visit my daughter for 5 nights and to stay in an historic brownstone with my own set of front door keys was really exciting! What makes the Lafayette House even better, though, is that the interiors were designed by hotelier Sean MacPherson. I am a fan of the lived-in eclectic luxe spaces that he also created for the Bowery, Marlton, and Ludlow hotels (I've stayed at all of them).

The Lafayette House is a bit of a hybrid combining the best of a hotel with great amenities (daily housekeeping, fridge, free wifi, coffee making, Bigelow toiletries, safe, terrycloth robes) and anonymity of an airbnb (no lobby, your own keys to enter as though it is your house!).

Consider yourself fortunate if you are able to stay here. You can book directly with the hotel (I had no success doing this) or through the airbnb site using "iconic brownstone in noho".

We stayed in the Woodpecker room, one of several rooms on the ground floor. There was a patio garden off of our room. Design details included: scattered area rugs, crown moldings, working marble fireplace, velvet curtains and chairs, dark hardwood floor, and antique furniture. The absolute best parts of our stay were the amazingly comfortable pink and white bed linens and the extraordinarily large bathroom sink with beautiful solid brass fixtures (I have since read that the massive sink had to be installed using a crane!).

As far as location, we loved getting a morning coffee at La Colombe just down the street. It is an easy walk to Washington Square Park and the boutique shopping area just south of Houston Street. One morning we walked to Dominique Ansel bakery to have the DKA and cronut. A subway station is about 4 blocks away.

We found the location safe and convenient.

Note: Stairs are steep and you will have to carry your own luggage. No elevator.

Next time I would like to stay in an upper level room where I imagine the ceilings might be higher and there is more light.

Room Tip: Two ground floor room have gardens, Woodpecker (smaller garden) and Parakeet (larger)
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank pricklypoppy
Reviewed 22 September 2015

I loved everything about this place. It felt like staying at someone's (fabulous) home, yet you get the basics of a hotel (attentive staff, room service, daily cleaning etc). Just minus a lobby and loiterers (who needs that?). The room was so elegant, homey and spacious. I will stay here again !

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm a local to NY, but when I want a change of scenery or a deep, fantastic bath, I stay at the Lafayette House. I've only ever stayed on the top floor, street facing room and I've always been very happy with it. The house is lovely and romantic, and the bath tub is to die for! I'm super tall and can sit up straight in the tub and still have the water up to my chin!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor room facing the street for the best bath experience in town!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tex G
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A great place for independent people. You get your key to the door and you really feel like a newyorker! It was great to be back to our quiet room after busy days of sightseeing and shopping. Great, huge and comfortable bed. We had a fire place in our room which was great as the weather outside was cold and wet. Great location, close to the subway station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katarzyna_11
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The house is nice and typical but I would not recommend it if you don't like old building and cold. I don't know if the owners are making savings on the heater, do not know how to use the heater or if the heater is really from the 20s but we were really upset with the coldness in the room and the fact that we always had to beg to get some heat in the room.
This plus the fact that you pay $450 a night for a cold room with no breakfast I thought I could have found better.

• Stayed: December 2013