“Would fly around the world for them - literally!”
Review of City Cakes

City Cakes
Ranked #197 of 397 Bakeries in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: City Cakes is a high end cake shop that takes inspiration from NYC's diverse melting pot and uses it to create gorgeous works of edible art, both stunning and delicious. City Cakes is also known to make some of the world's best cookies, their signature line weighing in at a half pound each. Gourmet cupcakes and half pound cookies are baked fresh each and every day. Our shop is located on the basement level of a residential building at 251 West 18th Street in Manhattan, between 7th and 8th Avenues in the Chelsea neighborhood and a few blocks west of the famous Highline Park. We are open Monday thru Saturday from 11am-9pm. Sunday we open at noon until 9pm. Currently we offer no retail seating, however, you are more than welcome to grab a snack and go. Tastings and on-the-spot consultations are not available at this time, however we welcome you to schedule one by contacting us.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I used to live a couple of buildings down the block from City Cakes and was slightly addicted to their macamochip cookies (Nutella in a cookie - what's not to like?). Unfortunately, I moved back to Denmark and shortly after found myself longing for the macamochip - my vice.
Fortunately, my wonderful sister was going on a business trip på NYC and agreed to fly some cookies in for me - YAY! I contacted City Cakes via Facebook and they answered straight away and we made arrangements for how to best transport them and for how I should store them once they arrived in Denmark.
Tonight I ate the first of them and even though it was not quite the same as standing on my block in the middle of NYC eating the best cookie on earth, it was still SO SO SO good! The only thing that could have made it better was if I had bought it myself (the staff there is so nice) and if I could have eaten it in my favorite place on earth - New York City.

If you want a cookie to die for (or to fly around the world for, at least), go to City Cakes.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Cookies were amazing, but staff were depressed/bored/miserable? I don't know which but they were not happy, we barely got a hello. Not worth the hype

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Their vanilla on vanilla hands down put every other cupcake place to shame. Sprinkles, Molly’s, Red Hen and Magnolia can’t even compare. Other cupcakes flavors and half pound cookies are delicious. Take the time and go!!! You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The half pound cookies aren't just massive, they're awesome! Super moist and tasty, and there's a big range of flavours. Try the snickerdoodle! Beware that this is a tiny shop - definitely only takeaway. They also had great looking cupcakes, but I haven't tried them yet!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Seriously the best cookies ever... red velvet is to die for! Was worth travelling from AUS to have them :)