Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$269
US$259
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$133
US$97
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$114
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$98
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$125
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$157
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$98
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

6,730 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefew blocksnycstarbucks
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We got this property for $120/night plus Priceline fees. If you want an Upper W Side Property, the location is excellent. At checkin they suggested a room on the top floor, Based on previous Tripadvisor reviews about the heat up there, we declined and got a 5th floor inside room. Checkin with Emanuel was quick, smooth, and efficient. As it was an inside room, there was NO view, and very little light from outside. Too, there was NO noise from outside, which was nice. There was very loud noise coming from the pipes at odd intervals. It sounded a bit like someone was trying to break into our room through the floor with a cold chisel. This occurred every hour or two for a little while. Also, the bathroom plumbing would make noises at times. The bathroom was TINY, even by NYC standards. The shower hardware was not of high quality, and the shower stall, which was meant to have a sliding door, did not, so the bathroom floor was often wet. The room was tiny and a bit cramped (again, even by NYC standards) but fairly well appointed and the linens were of high quality and the bed nice. We found service to be fine and efficient, except when we requested an additional umbrella on a rainy day and were told there were none (a first in our experience).
It was around freezing outside and the room was way too warm, so I went to turn on the AC. I'm something of a gadget guy but still found the cheap controls grafted onto the old AC unit with an umbilicus to be a bit opaque. Finally I did figure them out and was able to cool the room down sufficiently at night. The AC was not too loud, and the hotel had installed a curtain around the unit to prevent it from blowing directly on sleeping guests. The amenities provided were of decent quality, but a toothbrush would have cost extra from the mini bar. The small fridge/mini bar was PACKED FULL of mini bar stuff, and we were barely able to wedge a couple of small things inside for our own use. The fridge didnt make a sound. Lighting in the room was ample, and the towels were of high quality. Checkout was quick and seamless. We stay in NYC often, and I feel more than qualified to evaluate this property. For the price we paid, I would return. For $200+ I feel there are many better choices. If you're looking for a quick getaway to explore the Upper W Side, you cant do better. For a business sleepover it'd be great. If you want romance, for a bit more (well....actually, twice the price) you can do much better. I dont think hey can do anything about the noises from the plumbing. This appears to be an ancient building, and the noises are buried. Our room had been fairly well renovated, and was attractive.

1  Thank blumstu
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear blumstu,

As the Assistant General Manager of the Empire Hotel, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. Please be assured I will be sharing your feedback with our Executive team to address accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We had a really great stay at The Empire Hotel. When you walk in, the lobby is, as others have mentioned, gorgeous. We had to wait in line to check in, for quite a while, but I travel a bit so I’m used to that. I was told we were eligible for an upgrade in room, which was great (not sure why we got that). They put us in a deluxe room on the eighth floor with a view of Lincoln Center. It was spacious and nicely decorated. We had enough room for my boyfriend to sit over in the little seating area and read while I went to bed without too much light keeping me awake. The bed was comfortable. The room was nice and quiet.

The real thing you want to know about this hotel is how great the location is if you are planning on attending anything at Lincoln Center. You could throw a rock from the front of the hotel and hit it. We walked from the hotel to the Met in under five minutes. So easy. Also, there is a Starbucks right on the corner—I got our breakfast there and took it back to the room instead of paying room service prices (which, for the record, are about average at the Empire). The southwest end of Central Park is only a couple of blocks away. We walked to MoMA along the edge of the park, which was nice, and then we walked back through the park, which was even nicer (it’s a longish walk to MoMA in case you were wondering).

I had a drink in the lobby bar while waiting for my boyfriend to change and get ready for the opera. The wine was good, the atmosphere pleasant, and the bartenders nice. One of them was generous with the wine, and the other brought me some snack mix. The day we checked out we had tea and coffee in the lobby bar for 90 mins or so before going back to Penn Station—it was a very pleasant place to spend some time after checking out but before we needed to leave.

Finally, I feel like I have to talk about the bathroom, because everyone else has. Yep, it’s weird. It is like someone who never needed to use one designed it. The shower isn’t fully covered—meaning no curtain, so yes we got water on the floor. The sink is what I thought was really strange—but it’s too hard to explain why. Let’s just say weird design that doesn’t function well. But the bathroom was fine, really, if a little odd. It didn’t cause us to not enjoy our stay or anything.

I will definitely stay here again when I go to NY. No question.

1  Thank fand
EmpireManagement, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear fand,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel. As the General Manager, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with and appreciate your insight into the layout of the bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire the nxt time your travels bring you to NYC.

David McManus

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have relatively low expectations for a hotel: a clean room; a reasonably comfortable bed; and a place to get clean. A helpful, courteous staff is a plus.
The Empire staff was a plus. They were unfailingly courteous and very willing to help; however, the room did not quite meet my low expectations. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, but the bathroom was an interesting experience. The number of clean towels varied daily. The number of wash cloths varied from none to four. Hot water was sometimes available. Toiletries were replaced at random.
The hotel is in a great location but needs to improve a bit to make it worth the money.
This was our first stay at the Empire and will be our last. There are other hotels in the area that do a better job.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 63rd street side will get a lot of noise from the cab stand there
1  Thank WheatenDarby

Dear WheatenDarby,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. Although I am pleased to hear that our serice levels exceeded your expectations, I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced with your bathroom. Please be assured I will be sharing your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping to address accordingly. I do hope you will reconsider and provide us with another opportunity to be your hotel of choice in NYC. I am confident that your next stay will be a different experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

This was our first stay at the Empire. My husband and I went for a theater-going four days and we had a terrific stay here. The staff was so helpful - Maggie at the front desk helped us change our room without a hitch and Chris, the bell-man we had at check in and check out, cheerfully lugged boxes of Christmas presents and suitcases to our great room. Our windows overlooked Lincoln Center and it was fun to watch audiences going and coming to the opera, ballet, etc. Our room on the 7th floor was spacious, a wonderful mattress on the bed. We walked everywhere, ate great food in the neighborhood. We don't recommend rooms in the 02-06 line since the air handler for the hotel is outside those windows and it is quite noisy.

Kal0taxidi,

As General Manager of the Empire Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I look forward to sharing your post with Maggie and Chris and am so pleased to hear of the enhanced service levels they both provided you during your stay. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Empire in the very near future.

Warm regards,

David McManus

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I wanted to surprise my wife with a NYC Christmas holiday weekend,
Looked at different locations and read trip advisor reviews. Some of the reviews go on and on about the noise from the club if you are on a
high floor, the street noise if you are at a low floor, small rooms etc.
People love to complain, this is a very nice boutique hotel very close to central park, Columbus Circle, Lincoln Ctr. Very friendly and helpful
Staff at the front desk. I upgraded my room to a 10th floor overlooking Lincoln ctr, and yes you will hear some noise but people have blown this out of proportion, this is NYC! It is a very active city and at the Empire the location is the best; great lobby, best burger in town at PJ Clarkes...I will be back, I recommend the Empire

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Latamtravel
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Latamtravel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback via TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire Hotel the next time your travels bring you to NYC!