Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$160
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$171
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$199
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$149
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

The Evelyn(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$240
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$145
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$213
Cancelon
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

6,749 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefew blocksnycstarbucks
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had a recent multi-night stay here at the Empire, my first stay at this property. A frequent mid-town Manhattan visitor, I often stay in a variety of properties, wherever my company places me. For the first night, I was placed in a smoking room, despite my request online for a non-smoking room. (Note: 4th floor is smoking floor.) I was told the hotel was sold out and I couldn't be moved until the next day. I left my bags packed and they reassigned me to another room the next day.

Once I returned to my new room late the second evening, I discovered that the heater/AC was defective and would bang and clank whenever it was operating. I reported it to the front desk, but since it was after 11pm, I opted for them to send maintenance the next day and I unplugged the unit instead.

Returning to the room on the third night, I discovered that they hadn't sent maintenance during the day as promised and the problem persisted. Upon checkout, I complained and was offered a mere $75 credit for my troubles, even though my nightly rate was $300. I refused and got twice the initial credit, but was insulted. In fact, they said that they don't "guarantee" non-smoking rooms as requested, the first time I had heard that of any NYC property.

Other notes: restaurant was good, rooftop bar has decent views, be wary of construction outside in the street. It starts early and is loud!

I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoking floor. Don't stay on that floor unless you are ok with smoke and smells.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We were over the moon when we were able to book this hotel on Priceline for less than $300 a night during the holiday season. The building is grand, directly across the street from Lincoln Center,and steps from the subway. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are nice (and standard size for NYC). The staff is efficient and professional. There is also a nice lobby level bar with seating on two floors and a very happening roof top club (lines around the corner well into the night).

I really wanted to love this hotel.

If only someone had paid as much attention to the sound proofing as they did the decor.

We checked in on a Thursday. We were given a room on the first floor (one up from the lobby). At 3:30 am Friday morning, I just couldn't stand it anymore. The street sweepers, sanitation trucks, and some strange metal scraping sound permeated the room - earplugs did nothing. I can now say without doubt that New York recycles because I heard every can and bottle as it was dumped into the truck. The desk staff was very apologetic and moved our belongings into a nicer room on the seventh floor by the time we returned to the hotel on Friday evening. The seventh floor proved to be much quieter Friday night. Too bad it did not last.

Saturday evening was bad. A guest at the club became upset and proceeded to park his car in front of the hotel - and honk his horn for over an hour (at 3 AM)- until the hotel FINALLY called the police. When the police arrived, it was though they were having a conversation with the unhappy club goer at the foot of our bed.

So, to sum up our review. Looks and location get an A++, soundproofing gets an F. If hotel management reads this - Please invest in better windows and some soundproofing! You will have much happier (and repeat) guests. The rest is just lipstick without sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th-9th floor are a safer bet (the 11th floor is a club) and if sleep is more important then a view avoid the street side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

If it weren't for the ridiculous bathrooms, this would be a very good place to stay IF you get a standard room for under $200. However, due to a "safety issue" (I asked), half the shower door has been removed in all bathrooms and as a result, the entire small bathroom gets completely soaked, and I mean soaked, when you take a shower. Won't stay here again knowing that I have to spend ten minutes mopping up the lake that forms after every shower.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This was a pretty neat hotel and it had a club on the top floor that was really hopping on the weekend on Saturday night. Subway was really close and the concierges were very helpful and many places right around the corner to eat and a short walk to central park!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Empire Hotel is a good hotel, in a good location. The public interiors are quite heavy and dark but sexy, and the animal print soft furnishings may need a re-think, however the bar area is always buzzing - mainly because the hotel is opposite the opera. The rooms are of a good size with neutral tones, but the open wardrobe space with only 3 hangar space is not ideal. The fitness area was the biggest let down and needs an update asap, as the amount of equipment does not suffice to a hotel of this size. If you want to stay uptown you could do a lost worse than staying at the Empire however be prepared for long taxi rides downtown with drivers often hesitant to drive all the way back to Lincoln Sq.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business