Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$174
  • Fitness centre
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$171
US$199
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$169
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

The Evelyn(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$220
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$145
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$236
US$213
Cancelon
6,746 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefew blocksnycstarbucks
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed at the Empire Hotel summer of 2012. This was another work comp stay and I was really excited it opened up since I had wanted to stay there for a few years now.

It’s definitely a pretty hotel, however it is also pretty small. I had a wonderful view of Lincoln Center and the Century 21 beckoning me to come in and shop. My first impression upon entering the room – it felt musty and “damp.” The AC was working so I knew it wasn’t the humidity. Even my pillow had a cold-damp feel, though it was dry….the bathroom had an Eastern feel with the use of bamboo-look flooring – really simple but very small. The shower stall was nice and the shower head was larger than most, but not the “raining” experience I had heard about. One nice thing about the hotel is the rooftop. It has a nice view of the city and the bar did make good drinks.

One morning I had needed the iron – the room didn’t come with one for some reason. I had called them as soon as I had gotten up and even after 45 minutes, they still had not arrived. I called the front desk to remind them and someone had arrived within the next 10 minutes. Of course, by then, I didn’t have time to really iron my clothes…

Though I loved the location, overall I was disappointed in the hotel – it didn’t exceed in my expectations. And this isn’t b/c of the iron incident, but the room just did not feel clean.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Twice a year every New York City fashion girl prepares for a whirlwind of shows, parties and FASHION. Since the shows moved to Lincoln Center the Empire Hotel has been the place I go to the most between shows to speak with my fellow fashion colleagues, relax and take in all the excitement of fashion week.

I am so looking forward starting this week to doing just that. The lobby bar at the Empire has got to be one of the best places to congregate during fashion week. Not only is the setting impressive but they always have something fashion related going on. I can go there during the day and get work done before I go to the shows and at night I can enjoy one of their amazing cocktails and other yummy things on their menu.

Aside from the great ambiance I'm also looking forward to seeing their great staff again. Frank sure is a site for sore eyes and a complete sweetheart. Always remembers what I like to have and the smile is always bright. And if you want to talk about a personality, ask for Aaron. He really takes a very pro-active approach to the bar and always makes each of us fashion people feel welcome. He always goes the extra mile when he notices that things are hectic and directs the rest of the staff like a true maestro.

Can't wait to see everyone starting tomorrow!!!! xx

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Every time I come to NYC, I stay at The Empire Hotel. My very first stay at the hotel far exceeded my expectations - from the decor to the graciousness of the staff and attention to detail. I have had the pleasure of dealing with the manger Don most often who is always incredibly accomodating. I now frequent the hotel about two to three times a month and can honestly say that every aspect of each stay consistently exceeds my expectations. I tell ALL my friends and business associates to stay at The Empire Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiny1Nyc
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Tiny1Nyc,

Thank you for the great review from your stay at The Empire. As Assistant General Manager, I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. I will share your comments with our team as they always appreciate guest recognition. Thank you as well for mentioning Director of Front Office, Don Chatham. We appreciate your loyalty to The Empire and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Joseph Rauer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2012 for one night. I had tickets to the tv show "The View" and this hotel was close. We had a junior suite on the 3rd floor and it was very nice. Very large room. Huge windows. Overall, It was a nice stay but I have to say it was very loud outside while I was trying to sleep and you can hear everything through the windows. I am not used to having 100 taxi's and 200 buses outside my bedroom window though :) I think there may have been a bus stop directly below my window so the stop and start of the buses was loud and I had trouble falling alseep.
Other than that, very clean and nice spacious room. VERY easy walk to anything! Best buy was directly across the street, which came in handy when I forgot to pack my phone charger.
You can actually walk just a few blocks to the tv studio too! Right across the street looked like the ballet. A few good eateries around too. We did not eat in the hotel.
We used valet for our car (which was brand new) and it was returned with a HUGE dent/scraped on the passenger side the next day and we called the hotel to go over this and had to send pictures in, etc and get estimates. What a mess!!! We will get it fixed though on their dime and rightly so!! Beware of that!!!

Also, one small thing was the shower. Very large showerhead which was nice but there is no DOOR !! I am not sure if they realize how COLD it gets in the shower regardless of how HOT the water is, if you have no shower DOOR to close. Yikes!! I was shivering the entire time. No shower curtain and only a half of a piece of glass covering half of the tub area and then the rest is just exposed to the room and therefore, COLD.

The staff is VERY nice though. The location is good and the cleanliness was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank islandgetawaygirl
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Really nice hotel - good rooms which are a decent size if you don't go for the cheapest. The bar is good but a little bit zebra and gold for me but friendly staff and nice atmosphere.
Great location right next to Central Park on Columbus Circle. Ideal location to see NYC from.

Nice room bar and pool in summer!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple