“Remember...it's NYC!”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #350 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My second stay at the Empire Hotel primarily because of its location -- the heart of the upper West Side -- with close proximity to great restaurants, good shopping, I always have luck with super early check-in and I can find a decent rate. As to the rooms.....remember people, this is NYC where rooms are SMALL for the most part. That said, the Empire - for the price - provides rooms that are decent, clean...and the junior suite is really roomy! Enjoy midtown, Soho, the Financial District, Broadway, etc.....and then come back to the peacefulness of the Upper West Side, blocks from Central Park. I'll be back again as it definitely fits the need!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Johanna B, Front Office Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are glad that you and family loved our services, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,248)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is in a useful position, close to the Central Park . Room spacious , clean and well equipped. Thanks for hosting our pet, It's a pity that it was not possible have dinner with the pet in your restaurant. Special thanks to Mr Pasquale for the courtesy and the helpfullness.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review. Our company values put guest satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to their experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really disliked this hotel. The rooms are dark, not for atmosphere, just unpleasant. The room is very small- reminiscent of chickens in a cage where they can't stretch their legs. The shower can only be turned on and regulated by standing directly under the water. I asked for someone from room service to show me how, his head got wet too. The cleaning lady left no soap one day. Everything is extra$$$. There is a coffee maker in the room, but you have to pay for using it. The Wi-Fi for the room costs ten dollars a day. You have to pay for the computer in the lobby to print a boarding pass. The keys don't work so in 4 days, I had to come back down and stand in line 3 times at reception because I was locked out of the room. The staff, from house-keeping to reception, was nasty. Will not return, nor recommend.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank szinesz
Johanna B, Front Office Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you during your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband had the flu and passed out in the foyer of the hotel. The staff were very helpful initially. I got my husband back to bed with the understanding a doctor was on the way. After waiting an hour I tried ringing the concierge, the front desk and room service. I could not get anyone to answer the phone.
A guest in a foreign country is very daunting when you cant get assistance. I finally went downstairs and asked how long before I could expect the doctor. They then inform me that a doctor had not been called and if I wanted one I should just ring 911. I was gutted.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kim,

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality standards for our guest.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Check in/out easy; no surprises. Staff friendly and helpful; room decor nice; we had a weirdly shaped inside corner room which was small with a double bed. Was fine granddaughter and myself. The bathroom was tiny which again was Okay but would not do for many; the fixtures were the smallest I’ve seen. The shower was standard. Inside door bolt wouldn’t latch but the door was locked so I didn’t stress much. Location good, close to subway and park; plenty of Starbucks and deli’s. Good shopping up Broadway.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful review. We take pride in giving outstanding service every customers and we're overjoyed to recieve your compliments and appreciation.