“Good location for the metro”

Ranked #323 of 476 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I recently stayed here for six days .The room etc was always very clean.The staff on the desk were friendly and helpful.However,I was staying on my own in a double room which was tiny.I think it would have been too small for two people.The en suite shower room was also very small.The nearest metro station is very close.

Stayed: July 2017

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 10 night during our trip to New York. The hotel is located perfectly. It is close to nice neighbourhoods (Little Italy, Chinatown, Soho) and the subway is just around the corner. It lies on a pretty busy street. Since we were very tired from exploring NY everyday, we slept well, but we can imagine that it might bother you. Luckily the hotel supplies complementary ear plugs, which is a nice touch.

The rooms were small yes, but this is to be expected in a large city at this price point. I have had similar experiences in other large cities. The layout of the room was pretty good though. Therefore we did not experience problems with the size of the room. We were out a lot anyway. Don't let the smaller room size discourage you from this hotel. Rooms were pretty well equipped with tv, airconditioning and a refrigerator. The room was very clean and was tidied everyday.

Hotel staff was very friendly. We had a few minor issues in our room, but they were promptly taken care of very promptly. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.

The hotel offers complementary tea, coffee and water, which is always a nice touch.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to New York. I will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a bit higher up because of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Princewell O
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The location is excellent. The Canal Street metro station is steps away with access to lots of lines. We could get most places in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn and Queens in 20-30 minutes. Chinatown and Little Italy are very close and Le Coucou is on the same block for fine dining.
It was very clean and updated. The room was small but smartly furnished to make the most of the space. I will take small over expensive. The price was very reasonable for New York.
The staff was great. They were super friendly and helpful.
This isn't somewhere you stay if you want a lot of luxury. It's somewhere you stay if you're spending most of your time on the town and want a clean, friendly, and convenient place to come back to at night.
We were very pleased and would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura J
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We spent six nights here and enjoyed it. The location is great, close to Chinatown, Little Italy and shopping on Broadway. The rooms are small but all you need if you are out exploring the city and only need a place to chill and sleep. There was a small fridge in our room which allowed us to buy bread, butter, yoghurt etc for having breakfast, and tea, coffee, hot chocolate and water is complementary in reception. The room also had a tv and an AC which came in handy when the temperatures came up to 34 degrees celcius outside. The staff was superfriendly and helpful, they helped us with a private car service to the airport as we were leaving (cost $57, pretty much the same as a yellow cab), and when I realised I had forgot something in my room after departing, they collected it and kept it at reception so that my friend could pick it up. The only negative was the traffic noise from the busy streets at night time, but for that City Rooms provided earplugs :) All in all super happy with our stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

So at the outset, I'd like to commend the front desk staff for being polite and helpful. And the bathrooms in the room are okay. But other than that, I felt that staying here was a poor choice.

The rooms are very small, even by NYC standards, but small is okay if the room is functional. It really isn't. It's almost impossible to juggle a suitcase and have room for anything else. Even working on a laptop is almost impossible. With not even a closet to hang clothes, everything seems a bit makeshift, without a lot of thought to aesthetics.

I know that $179/night is not a lot by NYC standards, but I stayed at another property the next night for the same price, and the difference was dramatic. Bottom line, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business