Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$174
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$171
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$149
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$145
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$130
  • Breakfast included
US$196
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$236
US$214
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewscanal streetaround the cornergreat locationnew yorkroad noisewould stay here againbasic hotelclean roomslight sleeperyellow cabsmall lobbytea and coffeefree wifievery morninga great staygood sizeearplugs
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Before visiting NY my main concern was to avoid bedbugs and there were none at City Rooms which I was very happy to discover.
The staff is friendly and helpful just as the previous reviews say. However, there is quite a lot of noise from the street and we had to sleep with earplugs every night. Also the air conditioning was quite noisy and I had to keep turning it up and down throughout the night as it was either getting to hot or too cold in the room. I guess July is not the best month to visit NY since it is VERY hot then.
Some reviews stated there was a fridge in the room, something that we did not have. We had a safe though.
The bed was comfortable and I had no back ache (I usually get back pain from hotel beds).
The pictures of the room we stayed in were true to reality.
Last but not least I feel I must mention that the cleaner left our door open to our room and this has NEVER happened during any of my stays at hotels around the world. I was very shocked to discover this but luckily nothing had been stolen. This incident however decreased my confidence in the hotel and I was not feeling fully relaxed.
I could stay at the hotel again because there were no bedbugs but would choose a month when it is not as hot as the aircon was bothering me at night time,

Room Tip: Try getting a room as high up as possible. If possible choose a room with a window to Lafayette street.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank carelia72
Management response:Responded 12 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed review, we appreciate your feedback a lot! It is true that it gets very hot in NYC in July and the noise from the air conditioners can be a bit annoying. Some of our rooms are equipped with refrigerators and for others our front desk is happy to provide them upon request. We deeply apologize for your door being open, this should definitely not happen and we are taking it very seriously, thank you for letting us know. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I recently stayed here for six days .The room etc was always very clean.The staff on the desk were friendly and helpful.However,I was staying on my own in a double room which was tiny.I think it would have been too small for two people.The en suite shower room was also very small.The nearest metro station is very close.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 23 June 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 10 night during our trip to New York. The hotel is located perfectly. It is close to nice neighbourhoods (Little Italy, Chinatown, Soho) and the subway is just around the corner. It lies on a pretty busy street. Since we were very tired from exploring NY everyday, we slept well, but we can imagine that it might bother you. Luckily the hotel supplies complementary ear plugs, which is a nice touch.

The rooms were small yes, but this is to be expected in a large city at this price point. I have had similar experiences in other large cities. The layout of the room was pretty good though. Therefore we did not experience problems with the size of the room. We were out a lot anyway. Don't let the smaller room size discourage you from this hotel. Rooms were pretty well equipped with tv, airconditioning and a refrigerator. The room was very clean and was tidied everyday.

Hotel staff was very friendly. We had a few minor issues in our room, but they were promptly taken care of very promptly. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.

The hotel offers complementary tea, coffee and water, which is always a nice touch.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to New York. I will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a bit higher up because of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Princewell O
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The location is excellent. The Canal Street metro station is steps away with access to lots of lines. We could get most places in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn and Queens in 20-30 minutes. Chinatown and Little Italy are very close and Le Coucou is on the same block for fine dining.
It was very clean and updated. The room was small but smartly furnished to make the most of the space. I will take small over expensive. The price was very reasonable for New York.
The staff was great. They were super friendly and helpful.
This isn't somewhere you stay if you want a lot of luxury. It's somewhere you stay if you're spending most of your time on the town and want a clean, friendly, and convenient place to come back to at night.
We were very pleased and would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura J
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We spent six nights here and enjoyed it. The location is great, close to Chinatown, Little Italy and shopping on Broadway. The rooms are small but all you need if you are out exploring the city and only need a place to chill and sleep. There was a small fridge in our room which allowed us to buy bread, butter, yoghurt etc for having breakfast, and tea, coffee, hot chocolate and water is complementary in reception. The room also had a tv and an AC which came in handy when the temperatures came up to 34 degrees celcius outside. The staff was superfriendly and helpful, they helped us with a private car service to the airport as we were leaving (cost $57, pretty much the same as a yellow cab), and when I realised I had forgot something in my room after departing, they collected it and kept it at reception so that my friend could pick it up. The only negative was the traffic noise from the busy streets at night time, but for that City Rooms provided earplugs :) All in all super happy with our stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple