“Good enough. Convenient. Reasonably priced. ”
Review of Green Rancho

Green Rancho
Ranked #3,866 of 14,744 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

If you live in this neighborhood, or are visiting for dinner and a Broadway Show, Green Rancho is all of the above. Standard Mexican. Standard taste and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Having lived throughout the Southwest United States, i was happy to discover this hidden gem in Manhatten. Who knew there could be such authentic Tex Mex amid all the finer cuisine N.Y. is known for. The Salsa was magnificently good. The staff was even better than the salsa.

1  Thank TiffMateas
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Went walking around on a recent Friday night looking for a good Mexican place to grab a bite. Went in to Green Rancho, and although the place was packed, got a table for two in just a few minutes.

Ordered two of their large sangria and lime flavored margaritas with coronitas. These did not dissapoint, around $15.00 each but on was all that we needed.

After looking over the menu we decided on the chicken chimichanga and the enchalada suisas (green sauce). We also decided to get some chips and guacamole . The guacamole came out in a stone bowl, nice and big, definately enough for our chips and our meal afterwards. Asked for some salsa as well, it was very good, not too spicy nicely chopped as we do not like chunky salsa ourselves. Both very tasty as well as the chips.

Our meals arrived a short time later. Three nice enchaladas with a nice amount of chicken inside and a great tasting green tomatillo sauce. My friends chimichanga was huge, also filled with a great amount of chicken and rice as well which is new to us but it was very tasty. The meal also came with a side of rice and beans which we couldn't even eat because we were so full. Prices were great think each meal wasn't over $15.00.

Needless to say we did not have room for dessert. The waitstaff was great they were really hustling to get people served. Would definately recommend this place if you are looking for great drinks, and excellent food and service. I will definately return next time I am in the city.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

My friend and I happened on this place last night. I am a vegetarian and found plenty of options. My friend does't like spicy food and LOVED the chicken and rice dish. The margueritas were 5.00 each and were full of tequilla!The service was friendly the food is very good and the prices are GREAT!

Reviewed 27 July 2015

My husband and I randomly wound up here while looking for a place to have dinner our first night in NYC. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable and the food was delicious and fresh! I recommend the empanadas!