“Perfect after a visit to Frick Museum or shopping along Madison Avenue ”

Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto
Ranked #3,575 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Was here once a couple of years ago after an evening visit to Frick Museum with colleagues and liked it. I went there for a late lunch today after another trip to the museum and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere with only the casual chatter by the bartender with a customer who seemed to be a regular to be heard. My mother and I ordered the carbonara and the puttanesca. My mother is picky and a small eater so I was not really surprised that she did not finish her carbonara. I relished mine and wiped my plate clean. I also ordered the ricotta cheesecake to go as I was full but did not want to miss out on the dessert. At home, I had a treat for myself at dinner as the cheesecake tasted so good, not too sweet and it was velvety.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I found the salumeria excellent from the "meat" selections to a wonderful salad with scrambled eggs in it to a divine unusual lasagna. The service and the bread (important to carbohydrate lovers) were excellent. A nice setting reminding you of a European cafe. We had a great time. A wonderful selection of Italian wine.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

A beautiful place with gracious people.
We had to wait a long time for pretty delicious food.
It was okay. The atmosphere was pleasant. The people watching was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We went there and have 4 dishes. They say they are Italian but the put dishes as the Spanish Tapas but with the price of a big dish.
I other a risotto, well a quarter of a normal dish. The rest of my friends order a Caprese salad, less than one tomato, a little of mozzarela and some lettuce. At the end 2 more small dishes and 74$!!! We finally went to Grey's Papaya to have some hot dogs as we were starvying!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2015

this is what i would do if i were you. i would go to the counter, buy some salumerie and eat it home. but if you are a visitor , then the restaurant offers very nice salumerie (all kind of thinly slices of saussages , prosciuto, hams etcc) all very delicious. then there are some small plates you can add to it. the atmosphere is cosy if a bit noisy. and the portions are not very big