“Wonderful introduction to New York”

Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto
Ranked #3,653 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 7 March 2016

We arrived here on our first night and had a marvelous introduction to New York. This is a fantastic intimate space with fabulous food, great service and very classy decor.

The small share plates and cured meats allowed us to taste right across the menu, and try some truly superb dishes. Highlights included the Salsiccia, the salumi platter and the amazing Pancia.

Not cheap, but a bargain for the quality of the food, service and experience. The request for gluten-free options was no problem, and instantly responded to with expert and reassuring knowledge of the menu. A definite return is on the menu next time we visit New York.

Andrew L, Manager at Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Hi Lucy, we’re thrilled to hear that you had such great food and service during your first visit with us. We agree that those are all excellent choices on the menu! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Was here once a couple of years ago after an evening visit to Frick Museum with colleagues and liked it. I went there for a late lunch today after another trip to the museum and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere with only the casual chatter by the bartender with a customer who seemed to be a regular to be heard. My mother and I ordered the carbonara and the puttanesca. My mother is picky and a small eater so I was not really surprised that she did not finish her carbonara. I relished mine and wiped my plate clean. I also ordered the ricotta cheesecake to go as I was full but did not want to miss out on the dessert. At home, I had a treat for myself at dinner as the cheesecake tasted so good, not too sweet and it was velvety.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I found the salumeria excellent from the "meat" selections to a wonderful salad with scrambled eggs in it to a divine unusual lasagna. The service and the bread (important to carbohydrate lovers) were excellent. A nice setting reminding you of a European cafe. We had a great time. A wonderful selection of Italian wine.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

A beautiful place with gracious people.
We had to wait a long time for pretty delicious food.
It was okay. The atmosphere was pleasant. The people watching was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We went there and have 4 dishes. They say they are Italian but the put dishes as the Spanish Tapas but with the price of a big dish.
I other a risotto, well a quarter of a normal dish. The rest of my friends order a Caprese salad, less than one tomato, a little of mozzarela and some lettuce. At the end 2 more small dishes and 74$!!! We finally went to Grey's Papaya to have some hot dogs as we were starvying!!!