“A little bit of Paris....”

Mille-Feuille Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #28 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 2 May 2015

....in New York City. We had a fresh quiche (no, it is not egg pie) and some chocolate croissants. The tea selection was excellent. Breakfast is served!

Reviewed 30 April 2015

People lovely, croissants amazing. The breakfast special - coffee and croissant -- a real bargain. Coffee is so good that there's no need for a special expresso.

1  Thank etaylor2014
Reviewed 22 April 2015

I had read about Mille-Feuille as a place to go for the best napoleans. As that is a favorite of my husbands and I was visiting a friend in NYC and in the general area of their Upper West Side location I decided to check it out. I bought 2 items: their french doughnut and an eclaire. The only napoleans/mille feuille they had when I was there was a caramel flavored one and that wasn't of interest. I think their french doughnut is their version of cronut. The pastry was extremely flaky and the chocolate icing and filling were very nice. The eclair had a dark chocolate icing [I think it was bittersweet, as it was a bit on the bitter side] and it had a chocolate cream filling. Their sign had sad it was vanilla cream, so we were a bit disappointed with that. I didn't get to try their signature napolean, so can't speak to that. I would return only if I were in the area [not too far from Zabars..]; I would not make a special trip.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

We stopped in here for a refreshment when exploring upper Manhattan. It's a very cosy, cute cafe with an impressive selection of Parisian delights.
We decided to stop for lemonade and apple turnovers, and they were delicious. Not badly priced, the staff were all very friendly and it reminded me of sitting in cafes in Paris so I was happy!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Their version of the cronut (French Doughnut) is heaven on earth. We had to go back the next day for more! We also tried their namesake treat (a Napoleon) and several flavors of macaroons. Delectable. We visited the Greenwich Village location and the staff could not have been nicer. They even remembered us the next day.