“Wonderful again! ”

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I always visit this little bakery when in New York! The pain au chocolat is to die for as are the croissants! The eclairs and the quiche Lorraine are fantastic too!
Mille Feuille, I'll be seeing you again next year! Thank you!!

There are newer reviews for Mille-Feuille Bakery & Cafe

Reviewed 7 April 2017

One of two French bakeries within steps of each other, I popped in because of the outdoor sign for the breakfast special (coffee and pastry for $5) but it had already ended (at 11:00) so I purchased a café au lait and a croissant at regular price. I have been to Paris, so I was looking for a similar taste experience. I feel they missed the mark. My coffee was thin, near watery. I didn't finish it. The croissant was not crisp and buttery as I had expected. Perhaps I didn't order their best menu items. What I do like is that if you're not picky and need a budget bite (they also have a lunch special), you can go here to indulge your sweet tooth and get a light meal.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Let me preface this review by saying I have never been a big fan of macaroons...don't get me wrong, I will eat them (and everything else that has a sweet taste!!!) but I just don't seek them out... until now.

The macaroons that they serve up in Mille-Feuille Bakery are so good we bought a dozen just to eat with our coffee!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

The Cafe itself is rather pleasant and cosy. The prices are a bit steep, $5.95 for a mille feuille slice which was sub-par compared to an average bakery in France. The less said about the coffee (Cappuccino) the better. The positives were the very kind Algerian waiter and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

I was in Paris about a year ago and purely by chance, happened to buy a piece of Parisian flan at a bakery there. I was instantly smitten and in the year since I have returned have been searching in vain for a cookbook with a good recipe for this confection or a bakery in my hometown of DC that makes it. No dice. Lucky for me, this bakery produces a fine version of this flan. I was so excited to get a big thick slab that I bought two - one for dessert and one for breakfast the next day. I will come back even if it is just to purchase this dessert again. Oh, and yes, they sell lots of other delectable looking items!