“Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie”
Review of Levain Bakery

Levain Bakery
Ranked #2 of 433 Dessert in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Description: Nestled in New York City's Upper West Side, Levain headquarters is a cozy neighborhood bakery where locals are greeted by name. A steady stream of loyal regulars stand side by side with tourists, eager to sample the legendary baked goods. From an inventive array of rustic breads to the world-famous six-ounce chocolate chip walnut cookie, everything is baked on-site, fresh every day from the finest natural ingredients. What doesn't sell that day goes to help feed the hungry-a mission that has been solidly in place since the beginning. The bakery was founded in 1994 by friends Connie McDonald and Pam Weekes. At the time, Connie was in banking and Pam in Fashion. The two, both competitive swimmers, trained together for the Ironman and-not surprisingly, as their tireless workouts left them feeling starved for great food- they began a passionate dialog about creating the world's greatest chocolate chip cookie. Within just a few years, Levain Bakery had become a neighborhood institution and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world. Demand continued to grow. In 2000, to satisfy their regular clientele summering in the Hamptons, the two opened a second bakery in the village of Wainscott on Long Island's East End. And today, through their website, they now ship their world-famous cookies to happy fans around the globe.
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Came there on a Saturday morning at 9am and there was a line. Service is very friendly!! Got a couple of baked goods. The chocolate chip cookie, double chocolate chip cookie, brioch, and walnut sticky bun. Walnut sticky bun was under baked and the walnuts were not was fresh. The brioch was dry and tasteless. BUT the chocolate chip cookies were very delicious and SATISFAYING. I will come back for just the chocolate chip cookies!!!

There are newer reviews for Levain Bakery

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Brioches, pastries, breads: everything is good but not to die for. The dough is too much fluffy and I found a general lack of character in Levain products.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I was uptown shopping and came across Levain's Bakery which I've known about for quite some time now being from NYC. It was my first experience and the line outside the bakery was pretty overwhelming but TOTALLY worth it! The line went by very quickly so I assume the staffers know what they are doing. The cookies as many reviewers have shared were EXCEPTIONAL. They WERE crunchy on the outside and "gooey" on the inside. They were the first cookies ever that I was not able to finish one on my own. They are quite thick and big so if you have a sweet tooth I would suggest you just get the one but who really does?! I got three: Walnut chocolate chip (the favorite which I almost finished), the oatmeal which I took a small piece of and it was just as yummy, and the chocolate one which I gave to my nephew and he said it was super yummy. Overall, I'd come back here again to take out of town family members or friends but if I am ever in the area again I'll be sure to stop by for a little piece of cookie heaven. You did a great job Constance and Pamela!!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

If it was left to me we would never had eaten from this bakery due to the size of the queue outside the bakery however I'm glad my wife convinced me to queue as what we ate werr fantastic!

I can honestly say I have never eaten a better cookie in my life (also never paid so much for one). It's a great little bakery to treat yourself to if your in the neighbourhood.

The queue actually moved quiet fast so we waited roughly 15 minutes in total. The cakes that my wife and mother in law picked were also top notch.

Quite a queue at quite a cost but they know how to do excellent cookies and cakes!

1  Thank MarcusandRachel
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

There is a queue in front of the bakery it seems everyday! But it is totally worth the wait!
I highly recommend this place for their dark chocolate cookies!! So delicious!