“Best ever light-yet-creamy-melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake!!!”

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
Ranked #13 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed 14 September 2016

As a local, I only go here to get my cheesecake. Homemade cheesecake that doesn't feel like you ate a brick and leaves you wanting more!! I love the fact that when you go to the store, you actually see Eileen's sitting there. Forget Junior's...Eileen's cheesecake is the place to be! If you want to really try the cheesecake straight up, then go for the plain.

The cookies are a bit of a disappointment, but hey, it says Cheesecake on the shop, not cookie:)

There are newer reviews for Eileen's Special Cheesecake

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Yes yes yes! The best cheesecake I had ever had!
I got the strawberry and cookie & cream mini cheesecakes. They were perfectly balanced in flavor, not too sweet. Really creamy but also did not feel heavy at all.
Would looove to come back again and try other flavors. I can't have enough of these cheesecakes!

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Chose this from online reviews when walking through Little Italy. Unimposing little shop that could be easy to miss.

Wide selection of gourmet cheesecakes. Small round cakes rather than large slices.

Good sized, ie not American huge sizes, and very flavoursome. Eat in facilities are pretty basic but New Yorkers seem to eat and drink on the run.

Basic coffee also available.

Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Juniors? Who's Juniors? You'll forget everything you ever thought you knew about cheesecake when you walk through the doors of this little cheesecake shop and take your first bite of their magical creations.

Hands down the best cheesecake you will ever try. It's been months since we were there, and we are still talking about it to this day. As a matter of fact, we just ordered a cake over the phone, and had it shipped to our friend for his birthday, as they ship via FedEx to anywhere in the states! Can't say enough great things about Eileen's!

Just stop reading reviews, and GO!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I love cheesecake. Eileen's makes great cheesecake. Perfect combination! Real American cheesecakes which are not too sweet and perfect in size (small cups). A must-try!