“Outstanding cheesecake!!!!”

Ranked #23 of 14,732 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Was drawn here by the trip advisor reviews and was slightly underwhelmed when I saw the shop, very modest and understated. However, they clearly let the food do the talking, the two cheesecakes we ate were the best we ate in a week in New York. They are light, creamy and flavorsome. We tried the blueberry and caramel, not too sweet but delicious! My mouth is watering as I write this just thinking about them. I can't recommend it enough - visit here if you like cheesecake - you won't be disappointed! They are also excellent value.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Everyone may say that Eileen's cheesecake are extremely delicious! I cannot agree more! A local recommended me to try the white chocolate cake. It was utterly delicious. It was so smooth and yet not too sweet and yet the texture was a bit like cheesecake without cheese. I sincerely love it from the first taste. Since they get the potion size right you could really taste both at once. 芝士蛋糕好吃是當然的了!相信很多人都寫過怎麼好吃!但是我們發現了完來白朱古力蛋糕也好吃得只供天上有!質感綿滑,有朱古力味又不太甜!好吃得一試難忘!吃兩件也不爲過!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The plain cheesecake and the strawberry cheesecake are definitely worth raving about. Even though they are a small store and might not look impressive at first glance, their cheesecakes will not disappoint you.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived mid morning expecting a queue but we're surprised to find the place empty, perhaps it's a well kept secret ... the cheesecake here is the best we have ever tasted, all freshly made on the premises.

1  Thank Cesci W
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

After reading all the reviews on trip advisor and being a fan of cheesecakes we decided to give it a visit. So glad we did as these were possibly the best we had ever eaten.

They were small and enough to try without feeling sickly, and really considerably light. Our first two choices had sold out but plenty of other options.

There is a nice little park just over the road to sit in on a nice day and enjoy these delightful desserts.

If you like cheesecake make sure you make this a visit.