“Delicious Ramen”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We ducked into this ramen shop on a whim after wandering through the neighborhood. It's small, and just screams "hole in the wall." We were seated immediately and given menus with a delightful assortment of ramen dishes, rice dishes and sides.

We started off with some gyoza to tide us over while each of the members of my family was deciding on a ramen choice. The perfectly cooked little dumplings showed up extremely fast and were delicious. They disappeared in almost no time. We placed our orders, with each of the members of our party ordering a different type of ramen.

We were served extremely quickly. The bowls are huge, and filled to the brim. I ordered the ramen bowl named after the restaurant, and was so glad I did. The broth was absolutely lovely--so incredibly rich and delicious. The slices of pork in the ramen were well seasoned, tender and flavorful. The noodles had just the right amount of give.

I found myself unable to stop eating, even though I was feeling full. I just kept wanting more and more. All this time, our waiter kept coming back regularly to check on us and to refill water glasses.

We left extremely full and extremely happy. I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I remembered this little restaurant for its Ramen from more than 10 years ago. I was happy to find the same taste and quality again! I just love the Mankui Ramen tate!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Quick service, affordable and great soup! You know the cuisine is authentic when most of the customers are Japanese themselves. We ordered the curry ramen and miso (really spicy).

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Menkui Tei is hard to find--- it is a small restaurant that serves a great bowl of ramen. I like the miso ramen. Add a side of mixed tempura --- great meal for a reasonable price. Broth is very well done --- hearty and flavorful. Servie is excellent!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

A must when in New York. The curry ramen was delicious! Very small venue but it made the atmosphere nice and cosy.