“Freshest Sushi and Sashimi”
Review of Momoya

Momoya
Ranked #644 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Loved this place so much we went twice! It was the freshest and best tasting sushi I have ever had. The lunch specials are good value. I will make a point of returning next time that I am in NYC.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Arrive at 7:30, get a 40 min waiting time but be aware, these guys are brutal, make sure full party are there and on their toes! We got a table in like 15 min because people were chillin outside. Ok, good for us. Food awesome, excellent service. Had one roll that wasn’t 100% but apart from that excellent place, great atmosphere

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I was worried I didn't have enough time, apparently I was worried for nothing. At 12pm I walked in, got a seat at the bar... glass of wine in hand within a few minutes, food in front of me in about 10 minutes. The bar was clean, sushi chef's were smiling, I really enjoyed my visit for a quick solo lunch.
Whenever I try a new sushi restaurant, I always order a spicy tuna roll, and I really liked it here. I had a lunch box that came with miso, the soup was good and i enjoyed all 3 rolls. Wine was decent, check was reasonable... overall, very happy and will likely be back.
Also, they had windows that opened up to outside, so lively dining room. Booths and tables can accommodate a group, I'd consider heading back with coworkers in the future.

1  Thank samiventi
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Went there early one evening for dinner, it was excellent. Busy with business people and families. Everything that we ordered came promptly and was very good. I would recommend highly. My only minor complaint was that my card was swiped twice and it took a few days to rectify. Staff should be more careful but overall it was a restaurant that I would return to.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

They open for dinner at 5:30 and fill up pretty quickly. They don't take reservations and your party must be complete to be seated. The service is excellent. Friendly. Attentive. Perfect place to eat if you have 8:00 pm tickets on Broadway since it's a short subway ride away. (Just tell your server what time you'd like to leave.)
The food is delicious and the presentation is beautiful. The space has lots of natural light and the ambiance is perfect for enjoying great food and conversation.