“Found by accident.... great find. ”
Review of Babbalucci

Babbalucci
Ranked #1,117 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Harlem to eat somewhere that was closed. We found Babbalucci on trip advisor. It was delicious. The ensalada mixta was fantastic. We loved both pizzas. So glad we found !

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Came here to do some work at the bar and had an amazing wood-fired pizza! The service was wonderful and the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant.

The Margherita pizza was authentic and delicious. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I was was privileged to have dinner there before seeing Escape to Margaritaville on Broadway. Amazing restaurant in Harlem! Great service and incredible pizza. I got to meet the owners Christy and Andrew Lopresto - they were very nice. One of the pizzas had escargot as a topping - it blew me away! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Great service, fabulous food and fun atmosphere! Had the St Nic Bianche pizza and the Rucola Insalate; Delicious!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Not a good experience in food or service. The service was slow and it wasn't busy. The food was mediocre. I'm a foodie and based on the reviews, I had high expectations. The party of 3 each order something different but we started off with their signature appetizer - the snails. I had never had snails but my friend has had it and suggested we try it. I didn't care for it, and my friend said that she has tasted snail dishes much better. Not a good start. For our entrees, I ordered the short ribs lasagna. It lacked flavor and the short ribs were like unidentifiable shred of meat that was so sparse that I had to lift the layers of pasta in search of the short ribs. After bringing it to the server's attention, I was allowed to reorder. So I ordered the special which consisted of pasta and seafood tossed in a sauce. It was one of the specials. Ironically, while it was the best tasting dish of the 3 of us, it didn't taste very special. The other person in our party ordered the Fusillli. It was bland and extremely heavy. I don't know how this restaurant got so many great reviews, but the best thing was that the portions were generous and comparable to the price. But large portions doesn't matter if your eating mediocre tasting food. The three of us all left feeling the same - dissatisfied stating that it's our first and last time at Babbalucci.